Have The Jests Officially Named A Starting Qb........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have The Jests Officially Named A Starting Qb........

For the season opener? Are they going with the Rook?
They probably go with McCown. He was their starter last year and did not do that horrible. Plus he is is on a one year $10 Mill contract.
I think Bridgewater was not just their backup attempt but an attempt to replace McCown. A pre-season QB lineup of McCown-Bridgwater-Darnold pretty much told you that either McCown or Bridgewater would be gone and Darnold would be groomed behind the winner of that little QB battle. You don't draft a QB at #3 and make him your #3 QB behind two potential starting QBs.

If the Jets are smart they start McCown this season and depending on how the season goes gradually move Darnold in and let him watch the game from the outside until that moment. If McCown moves the offense and is successful I would let Darnold sit all season and let him learn from a coaching perspective and make him your starter next year.

Sam Darnold is the starting QB.

For the record, I don't like.

Sam Darnold is the starting QB.

For the record, I don't like.
I think it is good for the AFC East. Young QBs are easily rattled. Some come back, some never.
Personally for the Jets I would have gone the other way and let Darnold sniff the NFL from the sidelines a little.

This looks almost like a Mark Sanchez reboot. Their college careers look quite similar though Darnold has a few games more so some of the stats like yards and TDs are more in Darnolds favor. Completion percentage is almost identical and so is QBR and both are from USC and for both the Jets traded up. But I have to admit I haven't really seen a whole lot of Darnold.

Darnold looks like he's going to be good. The Jets are taking their lumps now in order to compete in 2019. Maybe 2018 if the defense plays better than expected.

Meanwhile in Buffalo, Josh Allen is sitting for no reason other than "With this roster? And this schedule? We don't want to break him."

Darnold looked good in the preseason. He seems to to be poised and has a good understanding of the offense. Of course as a rookie he is going to go through his growing pains, but let him experience it this year as expectations will be higher in 2019. What I'm looking for from the Jets this season is anywhere from 6-8 wins and the feeling that we found our QB in Darnold. If Darnold plays well and improves as the season progresses and if the Jets could pull a couple of upsets than this season would be a success.

Personally I would let the kid hold the clipboard for a year and watch & learn from McCown but it looks like they are throwing him right in to the fire. We'll see if that backfires or not down the line.

I hate to say this but I think the Jets are gonna be decent this year. It's Buffalo that's the dumpster fire, looks like.

Here's to Darnold starting a new butt-fumble trend on national TV ....gooooo Lions!!!!!!

For the season opener? Are they going with the Rook?

Looks that way, I think Bowles has been smokin too many bowls. They should start McKown.

Youngest Week 1 QBs

Sam Darnold will be the first rookie QB to start a season opener on Monday Night Football, the second-youngest to since 1950 to start a game at quarterback (Tommy Maddox, 1992) and the youngest since 1950 to start a season opener. A look at the five youngest Week 1 starting QBs since 1950:

YEAR QB AGE RESULT
2018 Sam Darnold 21 years, 97 days ?????????????? (Hopefully loss)
1993 Drew Bledsoe 21 years, 203 days Lost
2009 Matthew Stafford 21 years, 218 days Lost
2017 DeShone Kizer 21 years, 250 days Lost
2015 Jameis Winston 21 years, 250 days Lost

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...nold-era-begins-its-on-jets-to-let-sam-be-sam

Back
Top Bottom