Have to go on the record | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have to go on the record

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
I listen to ESPN radio most of the day, and watch NFL network, and ESPN mostly when I am home, and I have to say I disagree with 99% of the "experts" out there about the AFC title game. In the pas 2 years I would not bet against the pats, and I am a betting man, but I would this week. Yes they beet the super Colts offense last week, but there is a big differince between the Colts and Steelers. Against the Colts Bill's genius can be utilized because as Zach, and the Pats have proven many time before you can scheme to beet the Colts. They are a finesse team just like the Rams when Bill pulled off that miracle. On the flip side the Steelers are on the other end of the spectrum. They aren't fancy. They are going to line up on both sides of the ball and state my team is bigger and better than yours, and try to impose their will against you. For 15 games this season that has worked. You can't make a gameplan that will change the fact that the Steelers are better upfront on both sides of the ball. If Ben doesn't lose the game for the steelers I say they line up and push the Pats all over Pittsburgh on both sides of the ball.

i like your logic unfortunately belicheck is a genious of masterminding qbs and roethlisberger wont get the best of him...he'll make roethlisberger try and beat them which wont happen

I read a stat the other day that stated that POS Bilicheck is 13-0 against QB's that he has faced for the 2nd time. That's scary.

I hope you're right and the Steelers do whoop 'em.......but for some reason I think Bilicheck would impliment a game plan that will completely confuse and frustrate big Ben, which to me = a steelers lose.

I cant see the Patriots losing the game. With both Dillon and D. Branch in the Pats lineup on offense this time around(both missed the first one) i think the pats offense will be getting mismatches all game. The Pats defense will find a way to stop the Steelers offense and force Ben to throw more than Pitt wants him to. Any given sunday anything can happen but this is my opinion.

I think the Steelers' defense can stop the Patriots' offense, and I think the Steelers' running game can get the job done against the Patriots. I think it all comes down to whether or not Roethlisberger plays efficiently (Ideal game for him: 12/20 for 160-180 yards, 1-2 TDs, 0 Ints)

My prediction:

If Roethlisberger throws 20 passes or less over four quarters, the Steelers will win. If Roethlisberger throws more than 25 passes, I think the Patriots will win.

I'm going with the Steelers.

And I think the Eagles are finally going to make it to the Super Bowl.

Dajesus said:
I listen to ESPN radio most of the day, and watch NFL network, and ESPN mostly when I am home, and I have to say I disagree with 99% of the "experts" out there about the AFC title game. In the pas 2 years I would not bet against the pats, and I am a betting man, but I would this week. Yes they beet the super Colts offense last week, but there is a big differince between the Colts and Steelers. Against the Colts Bill's genius can be utilized because as Zach, and the Pats have proven many time before you can scheme to beet the Colts. They are a finesse team just like the Rams when Bill pulled off that miracle. On the flip side the Steelers are on the other end of the spectrum. They aren't fancy. They are going to line up on both sides of the ball and state my team is bigger and better than yours, and try to impose their will against you. For 15 games this season that has worked. You can't make a gameplan that will change the fact that the Steelers are better upfront on both sides of the ball. If Ben doesn't lose the game for the steelers I say they line up and push the Pats all over Pittsburgh on both sides of the ball.
nice post

Good post, this should be a great game. Temps up here may be in the single digits by gametime, you could be right

I realize that Big Ben is a rookie (barely that any more, since it is late in the season), but we must also remember that he is only one person. There are more players that factor into the outcome of this game.

I'm going with the Steelers, and I'm willing to bet my pita pa key on it.

Dajesus said:
Maybe, but I'm betting Belichek once again has his team ready and that the ROOKIE QB does what ROOKIE QB's do when they somehow get to a stage with intense pressure........they fold.

I think the key is for the Steelers to not put so much pressure on him particularly, by letting him know that they aren't asking him to win the game so much as just not to lose the game. (Kind of like what we were asking of Jay.)

NE 20 Pitt 13

Depends on Game day elements how much snow etc...

BlueFin said:
Maybe, but I'm betting Belichek once again has his team ready and that the ROOKIE QB does what ROOKIE QB's do when they somehow get to a stage with intense pressure........they fold.
:yeahthat:

The Jets should have beaten the Steelers. Somehow, someway....Pittsburgh made it happen. Sort of reminds me of the Pats...this is the Steelers year. The close call w/ the Jets was a wake up call....My guess is that the Steelers, at home, beat the Pats ...convincingly!

BlueFin said:
Exactly. He should have lost the game for them last week. He threw two TERRIBLE picks. In his last four games he is now starting to play like a rookie ( 4 TDs and 8 INTS). Why? Because teams are starting to figure out how to get him to make mistakes. I have a feeling Bellicheck will find a way to confuse him. In the playoffs you can't make those mistakes and win. He was REALLY lucky last week. Doubt that happens again.

Back
Top Bottom