Have to go on the record | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have to go on the record

The stats don't back-up the Sti'lers or the Eggles. Of the last 10 conference championship games, 6 have been hosted in Philly or Da'Burgh. Only once has the home team won. Also, Bellicheck is 13-0 when facing teams twice in a season. :(

I would really like to see the Steelers beat the Pats but if I was betting i'd go with N.E. They've been playing great since we beat them and or 7-0 in playoffs under Bellicheck. I hope i'm wrong though.

Dajesus said:
I listen to ESPN radio most of the day, and watch NFL network, and ESPN mostly when I am home, and I have to say I disagree with 99% of the "experts" out there about the AFC title game. In the pas 2 years I would not bet against the pats, and I am a betting man, but I would this week. Yes they beet the super Colts offense last week, but there is a big differince between the Colts and Steelers. Against the Colts Bill's genius can be utilized because as Zach, and the Pats have proven many time before you can scheme to beet the Colts. They are a finesse team just like the Rams when Bill pulled off that miracle. On the flip side the Steelers are on the other end of the spectrum. They aren't fancy. They are going to line up on both sides of the ball and state my team is bigger and better than yours, and try to impose their will against you. For 15 games this season that has worked. You can't make a gameplan that will change the fact that the Steelers are better upfront on both sides of the ball. If Ben doesn't lose the game for the steelers I say they line up and push the Pats all over Pittsburgh on both sides of the ball.

I think that's what you want to happen. The Patsies are taking this game.

Dajesus said:
I listen to ESPN radio most of the day, and watch NFL network, and ESPN mostly when I am home, and I have to say I disagree with 99% of the "experts" out there about the AFC title game. In the pas 2 years I would not bet against the pats, and I am a betting man, but I would this week. Yes they beet the super Colts offense last week, but there is a big differince between the Colts and Steelers. Against the Colts Bill's genius can be utilized because as Zach, and the Pats have proven many time before you can scheme to beet the Colts. They are a finesse team just like the Rams when Bill pulled off that miracle. On the flip side the Steelers are on the other end of the spectrum. They aren't fancy. They are going to line up on both sides of the ball and state my team is bigger and better than yours, and try to impose their will against you. For 15 games this season that has worked. You can't make a gameplan that will change the fact that the Steelers are better upfront on both sides of the ball. If Ben doesn't lose the game for the steelers I say they line up and push the Pats all over Pittsburgh on both sides of the ball.
Very good post. However, I'm not betting against Brady in a big game going against a rookie QB. I see this as a down to the wire slugfest.

Heres the bottom line if the Steelers can run the ball like they did to them before they will win but if they cant ball game over.....Patriots will win again.

The patriots only 2 losses came from young QB's that Bellichek has never faced before..
Big Ben and A.J.

Weather will be a big factor!

I think the weather will limit the passing offenses of both teams, and Brady and Big Ben will struggle. I do think home field and the Steelers running game with Duce and Bettis will be the difference, and they will pound out a win.

It's going to be a good game.
If Steelers can keep it physical enough and be patient, they could negate Patriots efforts to confuse Big Ben.
With the Pats giving 3 at Pittsburgh with possible snow, I'd take the Steelers but I wouldn't bet the farm.

Hey..if the lowly Dolphins could beat the Pats...the Steelers at home surely can...I believe the magic is over...Pats lose...Pats lose...Pats lose. Get your terrible towels and wave...LOL.

AirChambers84 said:
The patriots only 2 losses came from young QB's that Bellichek has never faced before..
Big Ben and A.J.

WOW.....That, in itself, says volumes about their coach. What a great stat... :eek:

templarwd said:
The stats don't back-up the Sti'lers or the Eggles. Of the last 10 conference championship games, 6 have been hosted in Philly or Da'Burgh. Only once has the home team won. Also, Bellicheck is 13-0 when facing teams twice in a season. :(
Bellichick is 13-0 when facing teams twice in a season???? That can't be true. He split with Miami this year. Split with Buffalo last year

To much is being made of the QBs in this game! IT will be decided who can controll the line of scrimage. I know the QB is the sexy element to look at, but go no further than the weather report and the last game to realize that. Last game the Steelers ran for over 175 yards. This time Richard Seymour is limping in and only expected to play about 30 snaps. Yes Dillion didn't play last game, but Casey Hampton, Kendrell Bell, and I think it was JAmes Farrior who missed the game as well. I honestly don't like either team, so it doesn't matter to me. I am just saying if the Pats win this it won't be because of Bill. It will be becuase Corey Dillion, and the Pats defense punch the Steelers in the mouth, and I don't see that happening.

I am here to eat my crow! Damn I hate this team. I think NE has the most underated O-line in all of football.

Dbergan said:
The Jets should have beaten the Steelers. Somehow, someway....Pittsburgh made it happen. Sort of reminds me of the Pats...this is the Steelers year. The close call w/ the Jets was a wake up call....My guess is that the Steelers, at home, beat the Pats ...convincingly!

I am such a loser........ :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom