Have we all forgotten??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have we all forgotten???

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/scoreboard/20021229/boxscore/17.html

Let us not forget how our season ended. Top rusher in the NFL, top sack leader, top 3 defense and a 24-13 lead with under 5 minutes to go in the game. Increasing the talent level on this team does not increase the teams heart. Remember how the season ended last year and remember that next season may end the same way.

Its great to have high hopes, but we must also temper that with the reality that the Dolphins have yet to take the field this year. Until they have proven themselves to be a team that strives for nothing less than homefield advantage and can play in December, we must all remember how last season ended.

:yell: :yell: :yell:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes. My sentiments exactly.

You are now going to die you know? I just wanted to warn you. These boards don't take any type of negative or questioning spirit very kindly.

Guys like Seau bring talent AND heart.

Also, I don't think anyone has forgotten how the season ended. That game gets debated and referenced every single day here.

Guys like Seau and Knight bring talent and heart to the table...
But what did they bring their respective teams last year when playoff spots were on the line??

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Yes. My sentiments exactly.

You are now going to die you know? I just wanted to warn you. These boards don't take any type of negative or questioning spirit very kindly.

Great- As long as your sentiments also include the failure of the Bills to do anything meaningful over the past 5 years.

Originally posted by Bumrush
Guys like Seau and Knight bring talent and heart to the table...
But what did they bring their respective teams last year when playoff spots were on the line??

They brought everything they had. SD wasn't a playoff-caliber team last year. NO is filled with cancer. You heard Ricky....."What a guy can do in NO, he can do twice as much in Miami". We're more talented than both those teams. They don't have to be "the guy" here.

You said increased talent doesn't increase heart. Well, we brought in players with proven heart and better talent. Certainly improves the chances.

Originally posted by Bumrush

Great- As long as your sentiments also include the failure of the Bills to do anything meaningful over the past 5 years.

My thoughts exactly. Bills fans are quick to point out that we have yet to take the field, we are paper champs, blah blah blah. They say look what happened last year, the last 5 times we were in the playoffs, blah blah blah.

Well the same goes for you all. Your beloved Takeo has yet to take the field. Sam Adams, Jeff Posey, all these guys have yet to see the field, and you all sound just like us. A bit hypocritical if you ask me......

How was that smack? There were no personal attacks. I didn't say anything degrading about the Bills, or Bills fans. I just stated that you all sound just like us, so its hypocritical to call us out on it.

SDFU, on the other hand, is against TOS. I'm not gonna give you a warning, but only ask you to cool it. Thanks is advance......

Originally posted by Muck
You said increased talent doesn't increase heart. Well, we brought in players with proven heart and better talent. Certainly improves the chances.
unlike the Cris Carters and Ray Lucass of 2002 :D

I still have not forgotten that 1985 AFC championship game, let alone "the collapse 2002"

Seau’s teams took two of the worst meltdowns in football history the last two years.

I can’t wait to see him yelling at the other guys (he does it about every other game). I wonder how that will go over.

It doesn't matter what happen last year cos we're all still gonna get high on this team after every win. We all do it every year and we'll keep on doing it, that's why we're fans!! I know that we're all trying to wait and see but I'm gonna say it right now, if we win our first 3 games of the year we're all gonna be high on the team again.Is just human nature.

Ozzy rules!!!

I think alot of us finally see we have the most complete team in the league and we actually have a chance to be special this year. So did, T-Buck, Seau, Griese, Knight and many more. Trust me we will fair alot better than the bills. It was a freaking thumb that derailed out train off the tracks last year, that will not happen this year..

Originally posted by dolphan39
unlike the Cris Carters and Ray Lucass of 2002 :D

I still have not forgotten that 1985 AFC championship game, let alone "the collapse 2002"

1985. That was a LONG bus ride back to Daytona after that one. I'll never forget the stupid drunk New England skank behind me spilling beer all over the place, screaming in that god awful accent "That's my Cinderella boys out there! My Cinderella boys!!!". She did it the whole fourth quarter. My girlfriend at the time tied the skanks shoelaces together when she wasn't looking, and the next time she stood up, she busted a$$ right on top of us. The whole section started cheering, everybody was dumping stuff on her, and she got thrown out. Still haven't gotten over that horrible game.

you know, the bucs were widely recognized as 1st round chokers until last year...the dolphin stigma can change at any time, leave the past in the past

Back
Top Bottom