Have we become the dreaded Phillyfan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have we become the dreaded Phillyfan

Gatorman

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You know phillyfan, the type that waits for his team to implode, The kind of fan that boos their starting QB, their aging hall of famer, santa claus, whatever. The kind of fan that has been beaten down by so many high hopes turning to early exits that they can no longer take any joy in winning, but only the pain of losing.

Will any of us be happy if the Dolphins don't win the SB this year. Will getting to the SB and losing mean that wanny will be fired, Fiedler benched, norv sacked, and Wayne Burned in effigy?

We'd like to think that this team has the PO-tential to go all the way, but all of us, like our philly bretheren, may be waiting for the other shoe to drop until the last few seconds tick off the dolphins 2003 campaign. I can't believe it's come to this. We're becoming Phillyfan.

Gatorman

Do you enjoy life? Or are you watching the clock til you die?

Originally posted by Gatorman
You know phillyfan, the type that waits for his team to implode, The kind of fan that boos their starting QB, their aging hall of famer, santa claus, whatever. The kind of fan that has been beaten down by so many high hopes turning to early exits that they can no longer take any joy in winning, but only the pain of losing.

Will any of us be happy if the Dolphins don't win the SB this year. Will getting to the SB and losing mean that wanny will be fired, Fiedler benched, norv sacked, and Wayne Burned in effigy?

We'd like to think that this team has the PO-tential to go all the way, but all of us, like our philly bretheren, may be waiting for the other shoe to drop until the last few seconds tick off the dolphins 2003 campaign. I can't believe it's come to this. We're becoming Phillyfan.

Gatorman

Gatorman, I for one do not feel that way about the Dolphins. I've been a Dolphin Fan from 1966 to present and I'm quite proud of this teams accomplishments.

Yes ...I've lived through the "glory" years if you will... but I tend to look upon this teams entire history of winning as its greatest accomplisment.

No other team can come close to what this organization has done.

There are posters from other teams that come to this site and and slight us by calling the Phins mediocre. That we "ain't"... we are the winningest professional sports franchise in history.

There are those who are big time Dolphins fans that would sell this teams history and tradition for a Superbowl win. NOT me! We will win more Superbowls and this new year appears to have the markings of good run for it.

Do I get a little frustrated when Jay misses a critical pass? You bet I do. Do I want to throw Jay to the wolves for it ? NO! I understand that this "Thing" that he does IS NOT easy. If it were everybody would be doing it and football would not be as exciting as it is.

IMO...the biggest problem the Miami Dolphins have had is trying to over come its winning tradition. We hardly ever get the benefit of an easy schedule do to our won/lose record.

Our team has consistantly been made up of draft picks from the lower rounds because it takes loosing or poor seasons to qualify for the number ones. Yet...the Dolphins have prevailed through being very smart and wise in terms of who and where they need to draft.

Philly...we ain't.

The AFCE is the toughest conference in football with formidable foes.

We like to say how much we Hate our adversary..but in truth..it is respect.

I'd like to take this opportunity to express to Tatonka, Clump, Justafan, Harmonkoz and others a nice round of CLAP for being true to, and honest about their teams also.

I hope this is the kind of response you were looking for.:D

Originally posted by Gatorman

Gatorman

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sleep:

Back
Top Bottom