Have we dealt with more injuries this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have we dealt with more injuries this season?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
It seems like every week someone is going on IR or is out of action.I don't remember seeing this many injuries in my 30 plus years of being a Dolphins fan.
Does this have to do with coaches?

I think these coaches know it's a rebuilding year, so if a guy has a maybe minor/major injury they don't mind playing the younger guys to evaluate.

It seems like every week someone is going on IR or is out of action.I don't remember seeing this many injuries in my 30 plus years of being a Dolphins fan.
Back in 93 when Marino got hurt was worse than this in terms of the number of quality players we lost to injury. Not only Dan was lost for the season but also John Offerdahl and at least 6 or 7 other starters ended up on IR. We were I believe 9-2 or 9-3 at one point(best record in the NFL at the moment) then we lost all those guys and never won another game that year. In terms of losing good players that was the worst I can remember.

No... it just doesn’t matter when you are tanking... you will stash a player and get him healthy for next year you know your keeping....allows you to look at more players.

My memory is that injuries have plagued Miami for many seasons prior to this one. I remember many saying our entire squad must be made of glass as much as they were breaking over the last decade with many many important pieces going out early in the season never to return. If you looked at it closely Id bet you find this season is just avg from that standpoint. Miami has got to be one of the most (if not THE most) banged up franchises of all time.

If I was the owner...Id pay big bonuses to any player who finished the season without crutches.

I feel like we are just stashing guys on IR. If we weren't rebuilding several would be playing, Jones and grant stick out to me.

My memory is that injuries have plagued Miami for many seasons prior to this one. I remember many saying our entire squad must be made of glass as much as they were breaking over the last decade with many many important pieces going out early in the season never to return. If you looked at it closely Id bet you find this season is just avg from that standpoint. Miami has got to be one of the most (if not THE most) banged up franchises of all time.

If I was the owner...Id pay big bonuses to any player who finished the season without crutches.
Make our strenght and condition coaches pay penalties for injuries.

Actually last season was worse with injuries. We been kinda healthy honestly especially to last year

Back
Top Bottom