HC candidates | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HC candidates

Originally posted by fairbanksb
If you (meaning anybody)wants Wanny gone, I don't see how Cowher could possibly be on the list. The main objection to Wanny, is his loyalty to Fiedler. How could you possibly want a coach who kept Kordell Stewart on for so many years?

We can agree 0n that Fairbanks!

Cowher killed many good Steeler teams with his continuing faith in Kordell. It's a shame. They had some damn good rosters surrounding that guy. If in fact we did have a collapse to our season and someone else is brought in next year, I would'nt want Cowher just because of that.

Originally posted by MissMeth
IMO, to think about other coaches is valid and maybe even a good conversation starter. But for people to keep saying the Dolphins are going to be out of the playoffs is just sickening. NO ONE ever knows what is going to happen in football. Did anyone think Carolina or Minnesota were going to be undefeated right now? Probably not.. i didnt and im a Viking fan (after the dolphins of course)! Maybe we will make the playoffs.. maybe not but to say after only 6 regular season games that its pretty much over is stupid.

First, you say no one is going to know what happens in football then you express shock that the Vikings and Panthers are doing well. You even go as far as to say you didnt expect it from the Vikings.....hmmmm.....

So you did have an opinion on the Panthers and Vikings before the season, and it was based on the performances of the past couple of seasons!?!?!?!?!

That is exactly what I am doing with the Fins. I am certain that they will not be in the hunt for more than a wildcard. Why? I base it on prior seasons' performances just like you did with the Vikings and Panthers.

Is that stupid?

Whatever.... A change of coaches probably means a change in systems and a change a QB and probably a number of starters lost to FA, retirement and salary cap cuts. It just means a few more years to bring the team back up to playoff or SB status. So the complainers can look forward to a few more years before the possibility of a SB game.

They were saying the same thing in Tampa when the talk was getting rid of Dungy, who was leading them to winning seasons but not much more. Gruden got them a SB Championship in his 1st season.

I've never played a game of organized football past the seventh grade. My knowledge of offense comes completely from my collection of Madden games. I live in Minnesota, so I've only been able to watch 3 games so far this year. I can't tell you a thing about what college coaches would get this offense going. From what I've seen however, this is what we need.

We need fire.

We need tenacity.

We need somebody who's gonna start yelling when people aren't doing their jobs.

We need Dan Marino.

Minnphin

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo
We have plenty of HC candidates right here. Based on the way they talk, they could get the Fins to the SB this year!

Hell they are so smart, we will win every year!!!

We could build an entire coaching staff. I read several very clear explanations of all of our problems with the play calling.

Numerous people have indicated that they KNOW exactly how to fix ALL of the team's problems. The front office is covered also.

Man, we could probably get a bunch of the to suit up and play! Even QB!

Just think an entire NFL organization made up entirely of know-it-all, Internet jockeys.

Do any of you have enough $$ to buy a team?

Yet, you can't offer one single statement as to why anyone of us who want a new coach is wrong.

You sound like another fan in Buffalo....are you sure your last name isn't Oliva? "DW has us on the right track; the players respond to him"...ROFLMAO...Yeah, Ok, whatever.

LOOK OUT NFL THE MIAMI DWEEBS ARE COMING!

Originally posted by i2panzer
both losses this season (one in OT, and the other by 1 point) people have called for DW head. when he wins i don't see any of these threads..

if DW wins the superbowl or gets there everyone hating him will be on his nuts again. this is the true meaning of a fair weather fan... what have you done for me latley?

if JT has 4 sacks by the end of the season are you gonna call for his bench? i'm sure some of you would.

6 games- 4-2, should be 5-1. we're not and it's time to move on. plus DW/NT are planning for the tougher part of the schedule (meaning harder teams, and colder weather) by just playing it steady until it's time to break out the heavy stuff. remember a 6-1 start last season? what if we have that in december and win the AFC?

anyone remember the turtle and the rabbit? the rabbit got a huge lead and lost the race. the turtle stood his pace, never gave up and won.

Under normal circumstances, this would be a very reasonable post and you make good points.

My disagreement is that we have seen this level of play before - there's so much negative history with this team (the last 8 years have matched anything the Cubs or Sox have done), that one cannot help but be skeptical, especially since we have the same coaches whose game plans are as predictable as the sunrise.

Originally posted by i2panzer
both losses this season (one in OT, and the other by 1 point) people have called for DW head. when he wins i don't see any of these threads..

if DW wins the superbowl or gets there everyone hating him will be on his nuts again. this is the true meaning of a fair weather fan... what have you done for me latley?

if JT has 4 sacks by the end of the season are you gonna call for his bench? i'm sure some of you would.

6 games- 4-2, should be 5-1. we're not and it's time to move on. plus DW/NT are planning for the tougher part of the schedule (meaning harder teams, and colder weather) by just playing it steady until it's time to break out the heavy stuff. remember a 6-1 start last season? what if we have that in december and win the AFC?

anyone remember the turtle and the rabbit? the rabbit got a huge lead and lost the race. the turtle stood his pace, never gave up and won.

DWs head has been called for since 12/29/02. This season so far only adds to that. It goes alot deeper than these 2 losses. Hence, all the criticism for some wins as well, ie Jax game. They gave us that game with the 5 TOs or if you prefer, we took it away 5 times in which case the D "set up" the O with 5 TOs and we sTILL couldn't blow them out. But the overall difference is that some of us can see the handwriting on the walls while others are running around with blinders on pretty much. But in any event, just because we show criticism at times does NOT mean that we're any less of a fan, no way. Look at it this way, we just like to do regular scheduled maintenance on our trusty vehicles. If not, then problems surely will develope and once they do and left unmaintained, the engine will blow. Then it's too late and you're forced to get a new enjine or a new vehicle.
But, :lol: , at the rabbit and turtle tho and quite true. For the last umptyump years, we've been the rabbit!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Pat Riley just resigned.

He is a fiery coach.

Wrong Sport though.

:)

Originally posted by Minnphin
I live in Minnesota, so I've only been able to watch 3 games so far this year.

Really?? I'm in Minnesota as well and I've only gotten to see one (the Sunday night Buffalo game on ESPN). May I ask which others you were lucky enough to see?? (My CBS affiliate seems to think I want to watch Kansas City and/or Denver EVERY SINGLE WEEK.)

Originally posted by DeDolfan

DWs head has been called for since 12/29/02. This season so far only adds to that. It goes alot deeper than these 2 losses. Hence, all the criticism for some wins as well, ie Jax game. They gave us that game with the 5 TOs or if you prefer, we took it away 5 times in which case the D "set up" the O with 5 TOs and we sTILL couldn't blow them out. But the overall difference is that some of us can see the handwriting on the walls while others are running around with blinders on pretty much. But in any event, just because we show criticism at times does NOT mean that we're any less of a fan, no way. Look at it this way, we just like to do regular scheduled maintenance on our trusty vehicles. If not, then problems surely will develope and once they do and left unmaintained, the engine will blow. Then it's too late and you're forced to get a new enjine or a new vehicle.
But, :lol: , at the rabbit and turtle tho and quite true. For the last umptyump years, we've been the rabbit!! ;)

24-10 is not a blowout but do you think 149 yds in penalties might have had something to do with that? Some show criticism at times and some show cricticism all the time.

Excellent, lively and stimulating discussion gentlemen. You all make good points and this thread was a great read. I will continue to consult this thread as long as the discussion is as intelligent as has been so far.

Thanks.

A "girl" dolfan hoping to learn from all you guys!!

24-10 is not a blowout but do you think 149 yds in penalties might have had something to do with that? Some show criticism at times and some show cricticism all the time.

No kidding, don't you think i already said as much?? Actually, if it wasn't for madison's pic to the house, the O would've scored only 17 pts. Do I think the penalties had anything to do with it?
uh, yEah !! Don't you think that when you have 5 TOs and the D allows only 10, that you should BLOW them out? I've said it before, if our O can score 23-24 ppg, we'll win most games. Add the 5 TOs on top of that, you're talking blowout, big time. Until this O can put up points, they deserve the criticism it gets. Some of the time or all of it. You can like it or not, your choice, i don't really care. So just because we win doesn't mean evrything is all rosy. But take notice that i didn't shoulder any of this on Fiedler. It goes alot deeper than this...............all the way up to Wann/Spiel. But anyway, back to the original topic, folx have been calling for Wanny's head way before the 2 losses of the season.

I heard that Wanny was told by WH at the beginning of the preseason that he was not subject to a contract extension (having one year left) if we did not at least get into the playoffs this season. I also believe that not all of the responsibility for the way our o is playing should rest on the quarterback. That being said, I concur with an earlier post and agree with Andy Cohen, that it's time to start Griese and see what he can do. Especially this early in the season. I have never been a giant fan of Jay Fiedler but was willing to stick by him as long as he produced, and, no, I am not a fair-weather fan. But I, for one, am sick of spending hundreds, possibly thousands of dollars year after year and being heartbroken every season. I sent Wayne Huizenga an email to that effect at the end of last season. And again, I do not, under any circumstances, blame Fiedler completely, but he's not producing in the way he should be. JMHO. Thanks all.

Originally posted by Boxer316
I like that he plays the one gap attack defense instead of that two gap crap that we play.

Nonsense.

We have a good D.

I can't believe I was compelled to type that.....

Back
Top Bottom