HC candidates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HC candidates

Boxer316

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Since the book will (hopefully as soon as its evident that we aren't in the playoffs) close on Wannstedt soon, I would like to hear some of your ideas for new coaches.

My top choice would obviously be Bob Stoops. I think he would bring enthusiasm and energy to a tired and worn out "loser" franchise.

Problem--He has the best job in college football. His ties to OU run deep, and I don't think that Wayne H. is nearly committed to do what would be necessary to make BS want to come to Miami.

My other college coaching candidate would be Nick Saban. The rumors are that he wants to be an NFL coach and he seems like a bright guy.

As for NFL people, I don't know. Lovie Smith might be an interesting choice. He turned the Rams defense into a good unit. I like that he plays the one gap attack defense instead of that two gap crap that we play.

If Butch Davis or Bill Cowher lose their jobs, a change of scenery might do either one some good. I think Butch has a lot of talent, but ran into a bad situation in Cleveland. Cowher seems to be a coach that will have his teams ready, but can't get them over the hump. Either would be a major improvement over that idiot we currently have rubbing his pathetic head on the sidelines.

I think we should all follow this guy's lead and give up completely on the season at 4-2.

I agree that we are hopelessly behind the Patriots and that they are a powerhouse unmatched in history.

Maybe, we should just play all of our second stringers in the remaining games so that we can improve our draft position, rest our starters, and get the young guys some experience.

Or, maybe not.:)

Zachseau you are not being fair. Considering how this team is struggling, it is okay to speculate what may happen. It makes for a livey discussion.

I would look at:

Stoops
Denny Green
Gary Kubiak
Larry Coker
Mike Ditka

I am sure there are more, but I can;t think of them right now.

Let us all hope this is not a decision that has to be made.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Zachseau you are not being fair. Considering how this team is struggling,

I think it is not being fair to dismiss the Dolphins as not having a shot at the the playoffs.

Further, with the possible exception of the U.S. Mens Olympic Basketball team, I would never consider a team that is 4-2, to be struggling.

Not in any sport.

Originally posted by zachseau13
I think we should all follow this guy's lead and give up completely on the season at 4-2.

I agree that we are hopelessly behind the Patriots and that they are a powerhouse unmatched in history.

Maybe, we should just play all of our second stringers in the remaining games so that we can improve our draft position, rest our starters, and get the young guys some experience.

Or, maybe not.:)

Or maybe we should follow ZachSeau's knowledge of history (forget the fact that he seems to know very little) and base our opinions on something OTHER that has happened in the past.

With these same core players and coaches, we have played our best ball in the first two months of the season. We know how this story ends ZachSeau. And it ain't pretty.

This is the same cast of sorry characters. You expect them to all of the sudden, from out of nowhere, bring something different? Garbage in/ Treasure out? Sorry to disappoint you.

Although in some small details, this team is different. Namely, we usually WIN home games in Sept/Oct. This year, we are losing home games in Sept/Oct. Other than that, everything looks on track for ANOTHER late season collapse.

The good news is that we won't have as far to collapse this year. We won't be in position to win the division with two games remaining. I'm sure someone here will post those as good things.

Originally posted by Boxer316

Or maybe we should follow ZachSeau's knowledge of history (forget the fact that he seems to know very little) and base our opinions on something OTHER that has happened in the past.

Hey, nothing like a personal attack first thing in the morning.

It is an excellent technique when your arguments have no merit.

Bravo!

Basically, your point was that because the Dolphins failed to make the playoffs last year, they will fail this year.

Why don't I find this compelling?:confused:

I would hardly call wins over the Jets, Jags, Buffalo, and Giants something to thump our chest over. Are you going to pretend you don't see the troubles of our offense? If you are then you are missing something that millions of other fans, the national media and the players are seeing. Becuase it is the big topic of Dolphin football. We are ranked 21st in offense and 27th in passing offense. Do you think that is going to win the SB? Or do you think all of a sudden things are going to "Shake into place"?

So if you want to look at it and pretend like we are not struggling then thats fine. Your perogative. But it is our perogative to speculate what may happen as well. So don't poo-poo on someone's right to express themselves.

So don't poo-poo on someone's right to express themselves.

I did not.

Please show me in my post where I said that he was not entitled to post his opinion.

I expressed my dissenting opinion.

Is that OK?

Or is this thread only for posters that agree with you?

Hey, nothing like a personal attack first thing in the morning.

It is an excellent technique when your arguments have no merit.

Bravo!

Basically, your point was that because the Dolphins failed to make the playoffs last year, they will fail this year.

Why don't I find this compelling?:confused:

Maybe you will find this statistically compelling. The Fins are statistically perfroming worse then they did last year against worse comeptition this year.

Still confident?

Why don't you tell us how this team is going to do better? I mean you seem to feel strongly we are on the cusp of a SB run. Tell us what is going to happen to make these guys who have struggled for several years and part of this season all of a sudden execute at the level needed to go all the way.

Please share.

I did not.

Please show me in my post where I said that he was not entitled to post his opinion.

Is that OK?

I didn't accuse you of telling him not to post his opinion. I am curious why you felt it was neccassary to call him out in such a sarcastic way when he made a reasonable post. If you disagree then politely disagree. Or make a mature and knowledgeable comment as to why you think Wanny is a great coach. I just don't get the saracasim, it is antagonistic.

You can disagree, but have some tact abut it.

You can disagree, but have some tact abut it.

Please don't "poo poo" on my right to express myself.

You are calling me out for having not tact, while you ignore the personal attack of Boxer when he says.

"Or maybe we should follow ZachSeau's knowledge of history (forget the fact that he seems to know very little)"

Isn't that a bit hypocritical?

Finally, please show me where I said that we are on the "cusp of a SB run".

I am just not going to give up on the possibility of making it to the playoffs, while we are sitting at 4-2.

Hey express yourself. But when you do it with sarcasim, don't get all offended when someone lashes back. Please. You got what you asked for.

Well are you happy with "just making the playoffs?" Please explain your positon about the greatness and quality of the coaching isntead of just attacking. I am waiting for some substance here.

Stoops
Denny Green
Gary Kubiak
Larry Coker
Mike Ditka

Larry Coker?! :rolleyes:

Other than that I agree almost entirely with your list. I would also add Saban from LSU.

Hey express yourself. But when you do it with sarcasim, don't get all offended when someone lashes back. Please. You got what you asked for.

Well are you happy with "just making the playoffs?" Please explain your positon about the greatness and quality of the coaching isntead of just attacking. I am waiting for some substance here.

Gee, I must have missed the part in the TOS where it prohibits sarcasm but allows personal attacks.

And, you have not answered the question of why you have not upbraided Boxer for his attack, but you have condemned me for sarcasm.

Could it be because he agrees with you?

Finally, go back and read the initial two posts. The premise of his post is that we will not make the playoffs therefore DW will be fired.

The premise of my reply is that it is too soon to give up on the playoffs.

Nowhere did I say that the coaching or the team is great. I simply implied that it is too soon to give up on the playoffs.

I did not.

Is that OK?

But you did scream "personal attack, personal attack" where there was none. I don't know you. I don't know how old you are, I don't know where you live, I don't know what your name is. All I know is what you post on this board, and how that reflects your football knowledge and acumen. And thats all I commented on.

Look, ZS, if you want to say you are a fan, and because you are a fan you will have hope to the bitter end, fine. I have no problem with that.

But when I offer good reasons for saying the Fins situation is more hopeLESS than hopeFUL, and you wish to knock that, I will expect you to offer reasons to back that up. Fair enough?

Back
Top Bottom