HC candidates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HC candidates

Sorry:

"Or maybe we should follow ZachSeau's knowledge of history (forget the fact that he seems to know very little) "

is a personal attack. It attacks my knowledge, it does not attack my post.

"But when I offer good reasons for saying the Fins situation is more hopeLESS than hopeFUL, and you wish to knock that, I will expect you to offer reasons to back that up. Fair enough?"

Fine, if you had done that.

Maybe you are confused with another thread but your initial post offered no reasons why the dolphins will fail to make the playoffs. It merely accepted that as it's premise.

Later in the thread, you argued that the Fins will not make the playoffs because they failed to make it last year and because they are "garbage"

Forgive me if I do not find these to be compelling arguments.

Also, I seem to recall that these Fins made the playoffs for several consecutive years before last year.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Gee, I must have missed the part in the TOS where it prohibits sarcasm but allows personal attacks.

And, you have not answered the question of why you have not upbraided Boxer for his attack, but you have condemned me for sarcasm.

Uh, maybe because he has the good sense to know me saying you seem to have little knowledge of history isnt personal. I didn't call you a jackass, I didn't call you ugly, I didn't call you stupid. I just said, based on your comments, you seem to have limited knowledge of this football team. And I stand by that.

If anyone watching this team sees how we played against Jax, NE, Houston and says "yeah, theres hope for a SB" I think the obligation is on the person to defend that absurd position.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. But not all opinions are created equally. If you post opinions here, be prepared to defend them. Thats all.

Sorry:

"Or maybe we should follow ZachSeau's knowledge of history (forget the fact that he seems to know very little) "

"But when I offer good reasons for saying the Fins situation is more hopeLESS than hopeFUL, and you wish to knock that, I will expect you to offer reasons to back that up. Fair enough?"

Maybe you are confused with another thread but your initial post offered no reasons why the dolphins will fail to make the playoffs. It merely accepted that as it's premise.

Later in the thread, you argued that the Fins will not make the playoffs because they failed to make it last year and because they are "garbage"

Also, I seem to recall that these Fins made the playoffs for several consecutive years before last year.

You forget with who you are discussing here.

One poster who "glamoured" Jay's injury and one poster who calls Dave an idiot.

Here is an advice...step back..take a deep breath...relax and go to another thread and let those two have their own little love fest.

:D

Originally posted by Boxer316

If anyone watching this team sees how we played against Jax, NE, Houston and says "yeah, theres hope for a SB" I

Agin, please show me where I said that.

I rejected your premise that this team has no hope of making the playoffs.

Why are you trying to put words in my mouth instead of defending your assertion that the team has no shot of making the playoffs?

In your own words "If you post opinions here, be prepared to defend them."

ZS My point is that sarcasim is not prohibited, but it is asking for trouble. You keep trying to side step this issue. You made a very saracstic comment and then whined when you got a personal comment back. If you go looking for trouble you will always find it. I don't say anything to Boxer because you intiated it with your patronizing sarcastic comment. Thats like getting mad at the person who started a campfire because you chose to stick your hand in it. You could have repsonded or disagreed with his postion many different ways and had an intelligent discussion. You chose sarcasim so you get what you asked for.

The Fins have made the playoffs. But they get thumped and embarrassed every year. Last year was more dispappointing. I see you glossed over my stats that tell you and show you that we are not playing as well as last year. I keep asking you for information and description of your position on all of this and you keep side stepping.

Do you thinkwe are better than last year? If so then why are we playing worse and staisitcally worse when we are playing worse teams?

If we are playing worse then we did a year ago and we didn't make the playoffs why is it wrong to speculate that we won't make it again?

Now THAT is a compelling argument.

Sorry:

LOL...Oh ye of thin skin. "Boo hoo....You said I have little knowledge so thats personal"......whatever.

Get over it already.

You mentioned that that Fins made the playoffs for several consecutive years until last year......

You think thats relevant? If so, why?

I think its more relevant to look at the direction the last three years have taken us. Division winner, Wildcard team, Missed Playoffs.

What in that gives you hope? What improvements have we made to reverse this very evident trend?

I'll help you with the answer...NONE. We havent made any improvements. We have regressed. This is the worse team since Wanny's been here. Thank God, maybe it'll be enought to get him canned.

Please show me where I said this team has no shot of making the playoffs? All I said was it is reasonable sepculation.

Originally posted by fin-atic
ZS My point is that sarcasim is not prohibited, but it is asking for trouble. You keep trying to side step this issue. You made a very saracstic comment and then whined when you got a personal comment back. If you go looking for trouble you will always find it. I don't say anything to Boxer because you intiated it with your patronizing sarcastic comment.

So to clarify your position:

Personal attacks are acceptable when they are posted in reply to sarcasm

Great! I think we should add that to the TOS. We will call it "The Fin-atic Amendment"

Or is that too sarcastic for you?

Originally posted by FFiB

Here is an advice...step back..take a deep breath...relax and go to another thread and let those two have their own little love fest.

Good advice.

Originally posted by FFiB

You would advise that. You are king of the Fidler Huggers. I never glamoured Jay's injury. I said there is hope that Greise will start because fo Jays injury. I, and about 5 million other people, who are not homers think it is worth seeing if he can get us out of this embarrassing 27th ranked pass offense.

I am glad you are so proud of that stat and feel so warm and fuzzy at a QB with 71 passer rating. You enjoy your lovefest. The rest of us are interested in the Super Bowl.

You guys kill me sitting around slapping yourself on the backs because we haven't seen a deep move into the playoffs in 20 years. We are terrible in the passing game and you guys are okay with that?

Wow thats crediblity.

So to clarify your position:

Personal attacks are acceptable when they are posted in reply to sarcasm

Great! I think we should add that to the TOS. We will call it "The Fin-atic Amendment"

Or is that too sarcastic for you?

And side stpe 1..2..3..4

void the issues and a 1...2...3...4

Don't answer the questions 1...2...3..4

You are really good at avoiding the isues and questions. Are you in politics?

My positon is if you demean someone with sarcasim then you are asking for retalitation. Gee thats real hard to understand. I don't amend TOS and I don't make them.

The comment you reference where it is alleged that your football knowledge is lacking is hardly a personal attack. Certainly consistent with the sarcasim you dealt.

Why is it so hard for you to defend your positon? You have been asked about five times to explain why this team is better than last years and you can't...hmmmm. Maybe no ammo to work with hey ZS?

Good advice.

Here we go Homers here we go!! Here we go Homers here we go!!

The Fiedler Hugger Society is now in full session. Please put on your #9 Jersey and report to the main forum.

(Now that's Sarcasim!)

Originally posted by Boxer316
Since the book will (hopefully as soon as its evident that we aren't in the playoffs) close on Wannstedt soon, I would like to hear some of your ideas for new coaches.

My top choice would obviously be Bob Stoops. I think he would bring enthusiasm and energy to a tired and worn out "loser" franchise.

Problem--He has the best job in college football. His ties to OU run deep, and I don't think that Wayne H. is nearly committed to do what would be necessary to make BS want to come to Miami.

My other college coaching candidate would be Nick Saban. The rumors are that he wants to be an NFL coach and he seems like a bright guy.

As for NFL people, I don't know. Lovie Smith might be an interesting choice. He turned the Rams defense into a good unit. I like that he plays the one gap attack defense instead of that two gap crap that we play.

If Butch Davis or Bill Cowher lose their jobs, a change of scenery might do either one some good. I think Butch has a lot of talent, but ran into a bad situation in Cleveland. Cowher seems to be a coach that will have his teams ready, but can't get them over the hump. Either would be a major improvement over that idiot we currently have rubbing his pathetic head on the sidelines.

i like Stoops but it may be iffy for the reasons you said. Larry Coker, I think would also be good. He's proven he can rally his team late [against Fla] and may be easier to get. He wouldn't have to leave town at all.

I think it is not being fair to dismiss the Dolphins as not having a shot at the the playoffs.

Further, with the possible exception of the U.S. Mens Olympic Basketball team, I would never consider a team that is 4-2, to be struggling.

Not in any sport.

Sorry, but i disagree. A 4-2 team with no offense has to be struggling. ;)

Back
Top Bottom