Hear me out for one second if this is a possibility... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hear me out for one second if this is a possibility...

NIMA

Starter
Reaction score
Okay so we all know Oakland just got the Texans 2nd and 3rd though giving them Buchannan, but could there be more to this trade possibly? They know KC is still holding to get a cheaper price on Surtain and let's face it everyone knows they need him or someone just as good as him (and there really aren't many others if any with the exception of Ty Law). So is it possible that tomorrow Oakland contacts us after losing Buchannan and says they'll give the 2nd they acquired from the Texans to us for Surtain which will not only completely paralyze the Chiefs, their division rival, but allow them to have the best WR and CB (arguably) in the league.

C'mon that sounds like a sweet deal for us and Oakland if you ask me. What do you think?

DolphinDevil28 said:
I'd do it.

Question is, would Oakland?

Why not it's a completely sweet deal for them. They not only crush their division rivals chances of making a run but they also acquire a top grade CB to fill the void they lost with Buchannan. And let's not forget 'ol Norv might like working with someone like Pat again.

I really think Al Davis is a stupid owner and he would say yes. Al says yes to everything. I believe if the Raider nation get Surtain there d still wont be good. The only thing that Oakland needs is D. I say surtain will be a factor in the Nation but that d is just horrible.Their O will be amazing (even with Collins there He has a mamoth arm) but newayz goin back to Surtain i Say Davis would do that just to piss Peterson off. I'd be happy also.

Yeah, I agree, I'm just saying it would be up to Oakland. You know Saban would do it, because he's been looking for a 2nd rounder all along.

NIMA said:
Okay so we all know Oakland just got the Texans 2nd and 3rd though giving them Buchannan, but could there be more to this trade possibly? They know KC is still holding to get a cheaper price on Surtain and let's face it everyone knows they need him or someone just as good as him (and there really aren't many others if any with the exception of Ty Law). So is it possible that tomorrow Oakland contacts us after losing Buchannan and says they'll give the 2nd they acquired from the Texans to us for Surtain which will not only completely paralyze the Chiefs, their division rival, but allow them to have the best WR and CB (arguably) in the league.

C'mon that sounds like a sweet deal for us and Oakland if you ask me. What do you think?

They look like their going to sign Woodson at this point. They don't have the money simply to sign Surtain. They're more against the cap than you might imagine.

jnewmant said:
but could the raiders afford the large cap figure that surtain brings???
That's the only thing I could honestly see getting in their way.

Oakland couldnt afford Pat. They already have one overpriced aging corner, they wont want another imo.

Back
Top Bottom