Heat Analogy to Jets Offseason: Differences and Similarities | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat Analogy to Jets Offseason: Differences and Similarities

HoustonPhinFan

Phinfan
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I need to give a context. For me there is no other sports team in the world other than Dolphins. However, I am quite objective in my interpretation.

Jets collected all these great (supposedly) players in the off season; have won the off season. Consequently gone onto everyone's favorite to win. In certain positions they have incredible personnel, however certain places such as QB I believe they will be mired in mediocrity. Folks with more knowledge of the Jets should break it down in more detail.

Football being more of a team sport; they will need at least 25 high quality players not 3-4.

Whereas in basketball; 2-3 great players is like everything. The rest can be average and win it all.

Hence, the similarity between Jets and Heat are that both won the offseason. However, only the Heat will follow it up with a regular season and playoff victory.

Jets are in for a disappointment; a al Phins in the last season of Don Shula.

I need to give a context. For me there is no other sports team in the world other than Dolphins. However, I am quite objective in my interpretation.

Jets collected all these great (supposedly) players in the off season; have won the off season. Consequently gone onto everyone's favorite to win. In certain positions they have incredible personnel, however certain places such as QB I believe they will be mired in mediocrity. Folks with more knowledge of the Jets should break it down in more detail.

Football being more of a team sport; they will need at least 25 high quality players not 3-4.

Whereas in basketball; 2-3 great players is like everything. The rest can be average and win it all.

Hence, the similarity between Jets and Heat are that both won the offseason. However, only the Heat will follow it up with a regular season and playoff victory.

Jets are in for a disappointment; a al Phins in the last season of Don Shula.

I don't necessarily agree with you analogy. The Jets also made it to the AFC championship game last season and ADDED these pieces, plus their QB has a year under his belt (I like Henne over Sanchez, but there are plenty of cases where mediocre QB's have won rings with teams that are built like the Jets are built). . . whose to say they aren't ready to make another run? They have an incredible defense and one of the best OLine's in the game. I think where they messed up was getting rid of Leon Washington. I would have kept him . . . you need a guy like that on your team. The top returner in the league not named Josh Cribbs . . . . and he is a very good 3rd down back. Other than that, they are STACKED.

You make it seem like the Jets were the Rams and then added ONLY 3 or 4 pieces. The Heat aren't the Twolves, they were the #5 team in the East last year and added 2 of the top 10 players in the league to their team (including last seasons MVP in James).

In the end, you maybe right . . . the Jets may fall up short while the Heat win it all . . . but you have to like what both teams are trying to do, and though I hate the Jets, I would be retarded to say that they don't have a solid team on paper.

Back
Top Bottom