Heat-Pistons Predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat-Pistons Predictions

CirclingWagons

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Everybody knows it's inevitable, all the other East teams are better suited for the WNBA. So what are your predictions? I'll be pulling hard for Miami, but I pick Detroit in six.

CirclingWagons said:
Everybody knows it's inevitable, all the other East teams are better suited for the WNBA. So what are your predictions? I'll be pulling hard for Miami, but I pick Detroit in six.

I won't overlook any team in the NBA. Whoever wins the Bulls/Wizards series is the only team I'm worried about.

Also, I think the Celtics are capable of beating the Pistons in a 7 game series.

If the Heat play the Pistons in the Eastern Conference finals i'd take the Heat in 6.

As of now i'll take Detroit in 6 but who knows what can happen in rd 2 so I reserve the right to change my mind.

Miami will take it after the 6th game.

i'll take the heat - riley has been piecing this team together for a championship run for a long time now - it looks like he has all the pieces together now

How about one series at a time? If Miami winds up playing Chicago, I think we'll either sweep or take it in 5. However, I honestly think Washington can push Miami to a 6 or 7 game series, although we swept them in the regular season. Detroit should be worried about a sleeper team like Indiana, who IMO can surprise anybody even if they are not a better team. Boston isn't much of a joke either, and I really don't know about Detroit's play on the road. Philly got mugged by the refs yesterday and that series should be 2-2, but it's expected that the league protect their champs. One of those two teams can pull a surprise, because there's bound to be one or two at some point in the playoffs.

Right now, I'll say Miami in 6 or 7 because I really don't see us losing a home playoff game to an Eastern Conference team, if any. But that's obviously subjected to change since we're still in the first round(not us, but you know what I mean).

Washington won't push us anywhere. They don't play defense. They are a weaker version of the Phoenix Suns. I believe we'd sweep this team. They may steal one.

The Chicago Bulls on the other hand, are a scrappy team on both ends of the floor that could take us to 6 games.

KuD said:
Washington won't push us anywhere. They don't play defense. They are a weaker version of the Phoenix Suns. I believe we'd sweep this team. They may steal one.

The Chicago Bulls on the other hand, are a scrappy team on both ends of the floor that could take us to 6 games.

I highly doubt Chicago poses a bigger threat to us than Washington without Eddy Curry.

Washington can shoot the lights out when they're on, and that's the type of team that can push Miami. They can't take us in 7, but they can push a game 6 or 7.

Assuming the Wiz move on, it would take an act of god for them to push Miami to a Game 6(let alone not get swept). Miami swept Washington this year, and the avg margin of victory was downright embarrassing. Jumpshooting teams who can't rebound or defend don't stand a chance against the elite.

Depends on Shaq's physical condition. If he's anything like Game 4, we could struggle. Shaq was really limited out there and was pretty much useless. We played better without him.

If he's anywhere near 100%, we're unbeatable in a 7-game series IMO.

Everyone thought the same thing about the Lakers in the Finals last year Muck. Everyone thought the Lakers had the title in the bad...everyone except for Detroit!

d-day said:
i'll take the heat - riley has been piecing this team together for a championship run for a long time now - it looks like he has all the pieces together now

Really? Most of the players were acquired w/in the last 2 years, how has he been putting this team together for a long time? Just b/c he's been in Miami 10 seasons now and been a failure most of that time doesn't mean he was putting the team together for a long time.

Heat in six....but it could be five.

:roflmao:

Come back to Earth please, could be 5???? The Pistons are the Champs and they swept a better Lakers team w/ Shaq last year. Sure that LA team had more internal problems but they were more talented and were playing pretty well in the playoffs.

nyjunc said:
Really? Most of the players were acquired w/in the last 2 years, how has he been putting this team together for a long time? Just b/c he's been in Miami 10 seasons now and been a failure most of that time doesn't mean he was putting the team together for a long time.

:roflmao:

Come back to Earth please, could be 5???? The Pistons are the Champs and they swept a better Lakers team w/ Shaq last year. Sure that LA team had more internal problems but they were more talented and were playing pretty well in the playoffs.

Be careful on your wording...the Lakers were NOT a better TEAM last year.

The Heat were the definition of a team this year, the Pistons were the "Team" last year and in the 2nd half of this season played that way. You can throw the stats for the Flash and Diesel at me all you want, but what I do know is that whenever they would have off-nights, Damon Jones, Eddie Jones, Haslem, heck...even Doleac (first 2/3 of the season) and Laettner could step up and score. Look at how Dooling has played. The Heat have a better supporting cast than you could even imagine in the beginning of the year...they are so team oriented that they play everyone on their bench on some nights. Not bad when your players getting the least minutes are Doleac and Rasual Butler these days. (Wang Zhi-Zhi is inactive right now, so he doesnt apply to my stuff here ;) so dont bring him up :lol: )

The Lakers were stockpiled with a bunch of stars, two of which were WAAAY past their prime. The egos of all these guys prevented the Lakers from what they should've done...dominated the Pistons. If you had an unselfish Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton, it would be a lock. No way was that the true definition of a TEAM.

Back
Top Bottom