Heck with it I say Draft a new QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heck with it I say Draft a new QB

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I say draft a new QB pay the price to move up... Look either they pay the price in draft picks or they pay
the price in US Dollars for Brees.

Either way you pay so why not just give up the draft picks and move on...

we will, one way or the other. I think Whitehurst in the fourth would be a good deal if we get Brees. I think if we miss out on Brees, then I get Croyle in the second.

I don't see it...

finfan54 said:
we will, one way or the other. I think Whitehurst in the fourth would be a good deal if we get Brees. I think if we miss out on Brees, then I get Croyle in the second.

I think Whitehurst goes in the 2nd. Croyle in the 3rd. We'll see.

I would see if Croyle drops to the third round and hopefully take him there. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Whitehurst either.

I would love to see Miami draft Antonio Cromartie. I think he will be a stud corner in the NFL. I'd love to have Cromartie, Travis Daniels and Will Poole as corners. I know we have other needs, but I'd still love to see Cromartie in aqua and orange...

Why not do something bold like move up for Leinart or Cutler and give up next years 1st and 2nd round pick...

Yeah yeah you don't ruin your drafts for one player, but as I see it. It's all they have left for years of not addressing
this situation. Call it the last payment for those years of drafting in the middle of the pack because they were good
but not great during those Marino years.

No! Neither of them are worth that. I think Leinart will be a bust and I'm just not sold on Cutler. I would really be pissed if we did that.

Well they may be but the choices are between slim and none... Either you choose an Qb with shoulder problems or a Qb with bad legs who couldn't hit any receiver other then a dude named Moss, because he made him look good.

So desperate times call for desperate moves...

Don t get me wrong I wouldn't be upset if the land Brees, but I would prefer they draft and start from there. But the last thing I really would want to see is Minn's QB in a Miami uniform.

Saban will not trade up as he has absolute belief in his ability to make the most of his draft picks. If it cost three picks to move up, I'm sure he views that as giving up three quality players for one.

Nope. Get Brees and draft a LB or DB in the first round.

CpuFan said:
Why not do something bold like move up for Leinart or Cutler and give up next years 1st and 2nd round pick...

Yeah yeah you don't ruin your drafts for one player, but as I see it. It's all they have left for years of not addressing
this situation. Call it the last payment for those years of drafting in the middle of the pack because they were good

Havent we learned out lesson of trading away future picks yet?

if we had to move up to say top 6 to get a QB, their guaranteed money would be just as much as brees is asking for anyway... and i think that guaranteed money is the main problem in us signing brees...

so if we're gonna give over 10 mil guaranteed to a rookie, might as well give it to a known good player like brees... becuase a rookie is an unknown even more so than brees shoulder

WaxOn WaxOff said:
I think Whitehurst goes in the 2nd. Croyle in the 3rd. We'll see.

:confused: Don't see that happening at all. But like you said, we'll see.

CpuFan said:

There's one big problem that you are missing out with your suggestion. In the past several years, high draft picks have been know to sit out of training camp waiting for the best deal. We cannot afford to have our future QB sitting out that long. It won't benefit us this year plus we've given up a lot next year as well.

If we do get Brees, I still hope we draft a QB to groom under him. If we dont get Brees, I dont want us to bring in some other teams back up that can't even win the starting job on there team, like Ramsey or McCown. Id rather stick with Gusm then maybe draft Croyle, Jacobs, or Olson and let them learn under Gus til its time for them to take the wheel

Another guy I like we might be able to get in the 7th is EWU QB Meyer, guy is a good size QB wwith a great arm. I watched him play, he would be a steal with one of our 7th rounders. just another option

Drafting a QB

No matter how the QB situation works out in trade/FA, I see the fins drafting a QB somewhere in the middle rounds. Mueller says he wants to "draft one every year." I say keep drafting them, franchise QB's are hard to find. Apparently if a young Back-up comes in for one or two games and do well they are worth a first day pick.

Back
Top Bottom