Hello from CO! (Griese talk) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hello from CO! (Griese talk)

Perry1977

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey Dolfans,

I just wanted to come here and wish you guys the best of luck with Brian Griese. I really hope he breaks out big with the Dolphins. Unlike many Denver fans, I have never been a "Griese Basher"...I have always thought he was a really good quarterback and just wasn't fit right into our system. I was really glad to see him go to Miami, for obvious reasons, and last night was a great game to watch him play.

As soon as Zach Thomas (??) had that first pick, I was thinking "Wow, Griese's first pass might be a touchdown!", and sure enough that's how it went.

What I noticed while Griese was here is how when he throws the ball, almost every single pass is a perfect, tight spiral. Very nice looking throws. It's just too bad he was the follow up for Elway, people here were real hard on him. I think it would be similar in Miami had he followed Marino (both he and Elway are the best QB's to ever play in my opinion!), but he doesnt have to deal with that now because of Fiedler.

So what is the general concensus in Miami? Are you glad to have him here or a bit leery? I have looked at the QB polls and it seems like you are overwhelmingly in support of Griese; and I think that is exactly what he needs. Used to make me mad when people here would boo him...that has to play hell on a guy's confidence and it seems kinda counter-productive to me to rattle your own QB.

Good luck on the rest of your season; I hope it goes great with Griese at the helm. Meanwhile, I will sit here in Denver and wonder what in the hell we are going to do about our QB situation! ;)

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mentioned a word that I think is key with Brian.... that word being "confidence"...

I eluded to this in another post, I think that Shannahan never really showed Griese that sense of confidence that a coach needs to show in his QB... Seemed like he was always looking for an excuse to pull him during a game and belittle him after it... Thustly Brian never developed that sense of confidence in himself... Hopefully with some fan support and a "Quarterback's Coach" in Turner, he will find that and blossom as a QB.

Like I've said before. I think Griese has the mental and physical attributes to be a top-5 QB (like he was in 2000). I'm just not sure he has the emotion or maturity to realize his potential.

He's a shy person and some question his desire to play. I think if he can find the desire to go out and compete... and make a conscious effort to be more outgoing, he can be a long-term answer for Miami. Also, I'm not sure how bad his drinking problem was, but I think he at least had a mild one in Denver. He needs to take after Kerry Collins and lay off the bottle ASAP. Like Collins, I think if he can sober up and mature, he will be a great player.

But as many others are pointing out, he needs to show us that his head is on straight and that his shoulders are healthy. Only then is he going to get a real contract and a permanent move to #1.

Well, if Brian leads Miami past Indy and Tennesee over the next few weeks and the team in general looks good in doing so, I imagine he will have more support than he could ever imagine. However, if he stumbles and falls the next two, we could have another head case on our hands ala Lucas.

Originally posted by Samphin
Well, if Brian leads Miami past Indy and Tennesee over the next few weeks and the team in general looks good in doing so, I imagine he will have more support than he could ever imagine. However, if he stumbles and falls the next two, we could have another head case on our hands ala Lucas.

I have to disagree with you on that Samphin. Lets say we blow either Indy or Titans out of the water and take a L to the other team, I believe that Griese will still be viewed as a good starter for Miami. Now if we would take the L to the browns(just an example) with Griese as the starter, then I could see people bringing back the memories and chit of Lucas.

Originally posted by Perry1977
Hey Dolfans, Good luck on the rest of your season; I hope it goes great with Griese at the helm. Meanwhile, I will sit here in Denver and wonder what in the hell we are going to do about our QB situation! ;)

Peace.
Your a class act, good post. I feel the same about Brian I have always liked Denver, except when they play Miami of course. I loved watching Elway win his Rings, another class act. I only wish Marino could have won his. This is a very tense time for me I want Brian to do well so bad, I just don't know if he will. I don't know if Brian will stay as a fin but you can bet that his jersey is my next purchase.

Back
Top Bottom