Help Me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help Me

M3590NJ973 said:

It's not about making us happy. It's about what is right but yes, I am happy that you did the right thing.

Hope you aren't upset about this but what these guys say is true. Avatars should not be duplicated. It's just common courtesy on a board.

i would just like to say that i am sorry. i am knew to this forum. didnt know it was wrong.

is an avatar the picture under your user name on the left, or the picture somepeople have under their post?

landshark44 said:
is an avatar the picture under your user name on the left, or the picture somepeople have under their post?

It's the picture under your name. In your case, your avatar is:

M3590NJ973 said:
This may seem like a stupid question but how many picks do we have this year?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Who is that Baseball player in your sig?

Sorry lads, but a picture is a picture. Identifying a human being by something on a computer, well that doesn't speak to well of us.

If I no longer use my avatar, and someone else wants to use it...fine. Go for it. I can understand people feeling they have "ownership" of an avatar, but in fact they don't unless they are the one's that created the works and copyrighted it. The Terry Tate avatar seemingly came from a commercial that was copyrighted. Cutting a portion of it and making a gif out of that does not imply ownership.

But it's besides the point. What does anyone gain from arguing over a simple picture on a computer screen? Not to much. It all seems juvenille from outside of the conversation from a 3rd party perspective.

And all things being equal, the avatar I'm using is one that was created for me in which I do own the copyright to via the "works for hire" clause. But its still just a picture, one that can be changed, lost, forgotten, etc. And avatars change so often that I look at the posters name, not a picture.

I know I'll get baisted for this post, but its most likely I'll not see the replies. Indulge yourselves.

:lol: I was cracking up when I saw him with that avatar. Its true that you notice an avatar before you see the name. I thought Nub posted that question at first. Although I know you know better.

M3590NJ973 said:

Isnt that the guy from the Minors a few years ago who after striking out, just went ballistic on everyone?

Pawtucket's Izzy Alcantara makes every sport show in the country when he reacts to an inside pitch by drop-kicking Wilkes Barre/Scranton C Jeremy Salazer and then charging the mound. Izzy's Bruce Lee impression will earn him a 7-game suspension and get him dropped from the IL All-star game. The Sox will call up the slugger on September 1.

http://www.baseballlibrary.com/baseballlibrary/ballplayers/A/Alcantara_Izzy.stm

UltraDol-Fan said:
there has been a lot of avatar steeling and such going on, this new group has no respect

Cant understand why people do it! Avatars are there to make people and there posts uneique. whats the point in 2people having the same one

JAcK o D1AmonDs said:
Miami traded there 3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon so we have Chicago's 3rd rounder so its later, Miami's draft will be slim pickens after the 2nd round

Where # does Chicago pick their first rounder. What was their record? I'm sorry I'm too lazy to look it up. When we traded Ogun and our 3rd for their 3rd I think WannstupidSpiel thought we'd get the better pick.

Back
Top Bottom