Help! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help!

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
For some reason finheaven stopped working on my home computer. It is the only site that doesnt work. It just doesn't load as if I'm not even connected to the internet, but every other web site works fine. I tried jumping straight to various pages within FH and still nothing.

I haven't changed my firewall or internet settings recently. It only happened within the past week or so. Fortunately, I can still get my fix at work, but it's not enough... anyone have any suggestions as to what could have possibly happened?

I read the thread in the main page about the downtime, but it was still happening as of this morning, but it could be related, i'm just not sure.

It sounds like the site was down.....could you access it from somewhere else at the same time?

Yep, it's been happening for about a week now. Still happening. I try to access from home in the morning, and I can't. Make the 15 minute trip to work and all is well.

It's the strangest thing, only this site, and only on my home computer AND only in the past week. Nothing has chnaged with my computer since then!

ugh.

hmmm....I know next to nothing about PCs but, can you do a system restore?

yea, deleted cookies, offline content, history, you name it... system restore is not a good idea as I would lose more valuable work that i've done. lol.

I'll keep playing around with it after work today. I appreciate the help.

thanks guys.

internet explorer, always have... guess i could try mozilla or something when I get home.

FH works using Internet explorer at work though, and always has on my home comp until the last week or so.

well if you'ld like, and you have aim you can send me a message tonite....so i can ask a few other questions....my screename is snowwolf1422

Run a repair on IE. There should be an option in it's Add/remove to repair, that or if you're on XP service pack 2 try getting the new IE7.
If you have XP service pack 2 this should be the last attempt to repair IE: Start>Run in that dialog box type: sfc /scannow, it takes a long time for this to finish and you need to put your XP cd in the drive. It's system file checker, and it does just that checks all your system files and does a repair if needed.

Dolphins17-0 said:
internet explorer, always have... guess i could try mozilla or something when I get home.

FH works using Internet explorer at work though, and always has on my home comp until the last week or so.

I have the EXACT same problem as you!! (except that I have a 5 min drive to work :goof: ).

I'm on all day at work but can't get on from home. I have tried IE and Mozilla.....no luck. Mozilla says that my connection was refused or something like that.

D17-0......where are you located? what ISP do you have? my original thinking is that an admin disabled my IP for some reason......perhaps they somehow inadvertantly disabled an entire ISP?????

Dolphins17-0 said:
yea, deleted cookies, offline content, history, you name it... system restore is not a good idea as I would lose more valuable work that i've done. lol.
Like i said...."next to nothing..."...:D

burger13 said:
I have the EXACT same problem as you!! (except that I have a 5 min drive to work :goof: ).

I'm on all day at work but can't get on from home. I have tried IE and Mozilla.....no luck. Mozilla says that my connection was refused or something like that.

D17-0......where are you located? what ISP do you have? my original thinking is that an admin disabled my IP for some reason......perhaps they somehow inadvertantly disabled an entire ISP?????

I'm located in northern NJ(clifton to be exact), connect through cablevision. Looks like it's going to be a late night at work so I'll check on the suggested fixes either late tonight or tomorrow after work. thanks again guys

Dolphins17-0 said:
I'm located in northern NJ(clifton to be exact), connect through cablevision. Looks like it's going to be a late night at work so I'll check on the suggested fixes either late tonight or tomorrow after work. thanks again guys

I'm in central jersey........cablevision as well.

Coincidence???

Is it possible for someone to look into this?? There could be many more people affected who don't have a way to get on the site at all to report their problem.

Back
Top Bottom