Henson interested in Dolphins?/Getting Henson may be costly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson interested in Dolphins?/Getting Henson may be costly

ncdolfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Henson interested in Dolphins?

If the media reports are accurate, there sure are some signs that Henson has an interest in being a Dolphin:

(1) the night of his workout, he has dinner with Spielman and Trestman - he could have chosen to have dinner with any of the other teams there I'm sure, but chose to learn more about the Dolphins

(2) Today, it is reported that Casserly has approached the Dolphins with a proposed trade. There are only 2 reasons I can think of why Casserly would do that - (a) he's trying to drive up the price for Henson by getting more teams in the bidding, or (b) Henson is driving the ship here and asked Casserly to try and work something out with the Dolphins. I'm leaning towards the 2nd reason here - primarily since Henson does not have to sign a contract with the Texans and get traded unless he's comfortable with the team he's going to.

I've been a fan of Rivers all along and hoped he would be a Dolphin. However, I'm beginning to think that the Henson deal may be the best as he can probably be had for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick next year and we can spend this year's draft picks on OL and WR. Getting Rivers is a crapshoot at this point - it would be a big roll of the dice to think he is going to last until pick #20. This all comes down to the questions - does Spielman think the Henson from his junior year at Michigan will ever show himself on the field as a professional? Is he more or less of a sure thing than Rivers and do you roll the dice that Rivers will be available at pick #20? There is also an advantage of getting Henson compared to Rivers this year in that Henson would be able to join the team immediately and not be limited to full participation in the offseason program until after the college class graduates.

Well I would love to see Henson come down here. I have heard that alot of teams were really impressed with him. I also heard that Ron Wolf likes the kid and said he reminds him alot about Farve.Well enough of that, all signs point out that Henson really likes the Dolphins, not only that but he is the best choice to go for.

1.The kid had a hell of a season while playing at Michigan.
2.I can see him kick Bradys @ss twice a year.
3.We keep our #1 pick and he will only cost us a pick from next year.
4.When a player shows interest in your team,it says alot.
5.I honestly think he has what it takes to make it.

Well all I can say, Speilman go Hook that Fish.

seems like a few QB's want to come here. I wonder how much the fact that Jay's here got to do with it.Is not like they have to come in and beat a future HOFer...lol

Ozzy rules!!

That would be cool, it would add something to our already huge rivalry between our phins and the pats. Now it becomes more than just the teams but the old college teammates to face it off against each other and henson to prove that he always was, is, and always will be the better QB. It will just be cool to see something new. Also the reason I think Henson could be great is because look at what people are saying...hes all over making big news. His work out attracted 20 teams...Brady said hes an "athlete" and brady is just a QB. The commentaries on him are great and seeing him in action at the practice was sweet. Obviously hes going to be pretty big if everyone makes such a big deal about him. You dont see them making that big of a deala bout any other QB...

I keep hearing these comparisons between Henson and Farve/Aikman. I think they are exciting since it seems like we may have the best shot at him and that if correct mean this guy has the amazing arm and touch we are hoping for. However why do they compare him to pocket passers? I have seen tape and he throws just as well on the run, plus he runs better than a 4.7 40:eek: As opposed to Rivers for example who runs a 5.0. The guy has wheels too. Lets grab him and stop with the statue comparisons.

How about Henson for a pick next year, take a wide out and Oline man in the first round this year, and then let him and jay fight for starting position.. Could be nice..........

Still able to pick up people in FA... Could be nice......

Miami will get Henson if they try hard enough. I believe the only other major contendor is Green Bay but Favre still has a couple more season so they're probably not going to give up as much as Miami. I'd be willing to give up a 1st next year if that's what it took. This league is all about taking chances, and this guys worth taking the chance on. The payoff could be Huge for us.

If we don't get him, it'll be completely our FO's fault.

I agree Lukin......if for no other reason than we get a QB....PLUS....all our picks this year.....It just looks like the best way to go.

Henson, who scored a staggeringly high 42 on the Wunderlich aptitude exam, also impressed Wyche with how much he retained after being away from the game for three years. The two talked after Henson's workout.

''He's a coach's son, so you know that he understands a lot of this stuff from way back,'' said Wyche, referring to the fact Henson's father, Dan, was a small-college football coach in Michigan. ``But the time away didn't hurt him at all. He didn't forget much. Or if he did, he faked it pretty well.''
impressive :hail:

I wonder if we are gonna want to commit l/t to him though based on his crazy contract demands

Getting Henson may be costly

Did you see what his agent wants!?!?!? 10-15 year deal with GUARANTEED cash every season!?!?

HAHAHA. He will be going into the draft, maybe we'll get Rivers. Screw that. He hasn't played in years and threw some balls to some guys who ran some routes. No defenses, no blitzes, no games, no nothing. His agent is smoking crack and there ought to be restrictions on what these agents can do.

Here's a thought...

If we get him, and we're worried about his inexperience, why not send him to NFL Europe? Unless it's to late. That should get him back into the flow of the game quite nicely...

Back
Top Bottom