Henson interested in Dolphins?/Getting Henson may be costly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson interested in Dolphins?/Getting Henson may be costly

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Did you see what his agent wants!?!?!? 10-15 year deal with GUARANTEED cash every season!?!?

HAHAHA. He will be going into the draft, maybe we'll get Rivers. Screw that. He hasn't played in years and threw some balls to some guys who ran some routes. No defenses, no blitzes, no games, no nothing. His agent is smoking crack and there ought to be restrictions on what these agents can do.

He's just a good negotiator. You don't initially ask for the price that you really expect to receive. You start high and that way the other team thinks they're getting a good deal when they talk you down to a lesser contract.

He'd be stupid to think he'll really get that kind of deal.. for ANY Quarterback, let alone a Rookie.

I hope so. I just keep thinking he's trying to pull a McGahee. Not that Mcgahee won't rock once he;s returned to form, but to even ask for that amount not only in years but in guaranteed salary is pipe smoking. He said Hensen is trying to get back the 12 mil he gave up to the Yanks. That's all fine any good but he isn't going to get it as a rookie, especially when he hasn't played yet. He could suck ***, but with guaranteed money the team that gets him is stuck. And 10-15 years? Come one. A 3-4 year deal is pushing it.

I'd like a short term deal. Then if he turns out to be the real deal I'd try to work out an extension. You don't want to end up like Indy and let his contract expire so you have to cut half your team to afford him.

If he really is the real deal his agent should be willing to accept a shorter term or incentive laden contract. Let Drew prove himself on the field and then he can make the big bucks.

I understand all this speculation and it does make sense why Houston went to Miami about a trade for Henson but...look at it from a different point of view...maybe Houston is worried that even though teams are looking at him no one is truely serious about trading picks/players for him...so they don't want him to enter this years draft and get nothing in return for him...so they are pushing him and want a trade sooner rather than latter.

Personally, I'd rather have Ramsey!!!

IF Miami can obtain Henson for a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year, this becomes a no brainer. Do it. Don't mess around. Begin contract negotiations ASAP. I'm not worried about Hensons contract. If you ever notice, the better QB's rarely leave their teams and go elsewhere. By giving up a pick next year, it gives Miami better options to fill OL and WR holes.

It sound s really good, so you know the Phins will find a way to blow it. Look what happened to Brunell. All signs pointed to Miami but now he's DeadSkin.

I hate to thunderstorm on the parade but I just don't see him in aqua&orange this sseason.

Well, all signs pointed to Brunell coming to Miami ONCE HE WAS RELEASED. Let not think the fins slept on this because Washington not only gave up a 3rd pick for him, but just gave him a TON of cash. We actually win on this one.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Did you see what his agent wants!?!?!? 10-15 year deal with GUARANTEED cash every season!?!?

HAHAHA. He will be going into the draft, maybe we'll get Rivers. Screw that. He hasn't played in years and threw some balls to some guys who ran some routes. No defenses, no blitzes, no games, no nothing. His agent is smoking crack and there ought to be restrictions on what these agents can do.

I got you missed the HOLE picture because if he has a base salary of not even a Million bucks is absolutely awesome...Look at Manning jesus that guy makes a chit load.

Dont forget the fact that he can opt out too after the 3rd year.

I like the conditional 3rd my self but a 2nd isnt bad either.A 2nd for a 1st is a great deal if he turns out to be a GREAT QB.

How can you give a guy a guaranteed base salary for 10-15 years when he hasn't
t played in 3 years? Hensen can opt out of the contract, not the team or at least that wasn't reported. I don't how I missed anything.

Its a typical agent trying to change the way things are done...and should be done...NO WAY we give him that contract guaranteed and with a opt out in 2 years....what a huge risk by Henson...lol...what a joke...but it is just a starting point...sounds like all sides are interested...just will take some time to work it all out.

Henson's middle name is "Dan" and he was born on the 13th.

It is his DESTINY.

It's a Pinto! It's a Ford Pinto!!

Originally posted by Smacks
IF Miami can obtain Henson for a 2nd or 3rd round pick next year, this becomes a no brainer. Do it. Don't mess around. Begin contract negotiations ASAP. I'm not worried about Hensons contract. If you ever notice, the better QB's rarely leave their teams and go elsewhere. By giving up a pick next year, it gives Miami better options to fill OL and WR holes.

I agree, i think we can get them to lower the yrs on the contract. his base salary every yr isnt that high compared to other QBs in the league. after 3 yrs, if he performs well, then give him an extension & a raise. if he is our franchise QB & leads us to a SB win, i bet none of us would mind playing him for what he is worth. most likely a lot of us will be saying, "told you so" & the ppl that didn't agree would be jumping on the bandwagon.

The guaraunteed money acts like the signing bonus that henson won't be getting as the texans don't have the rookie cap room for it. In terms of cap hits the singing bonus gets spread out over the years of the contract---much like guaraunteed money would, the only difference is that henson won't be getting that up front. Also the money involved is very modest for a QB, the report I read says the the total value is 6.7 million. Guys in the top of the first round will be getting that as a signing bonus alone, before the salary even kicks in.

If anything it seems that with the dolphins cap situation a 2004 cap hit of 238k is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom