Henson looking ready to prove he's top QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson looking ready to prove he's top QB

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Crucial audition on tap for Henson
"He threw the ball very well, made every pass, and I can't imagine there's anything that teams will ask him to do [on Thursday] that he won't be able to do," Casserly said. "He's big and has a strong arm, he moved well, and I think people will be impressed by him."

"People keep saying he'd be no worse than the third-best [quarterback prospect] if he was in this year's draft," said one AFC general manager. "I don't know that yet. This workout will answer some of the questions at least."

do not be suprised if he comes up of tomorrow as in the mix w/Ben for #2...

Whether we go after him or not, we have to hope Henson wows 'em tomorrow. Makes the QB pool that much deeper, and we're definitely going for a swim.

Though I'm a member of the Rivers' bandwagon, I would like to point outone benefit to getting Henson that I hadn't prviously considered. Since Henson is not in school he could participate in the team's full off-season program. Usually rooks don't come in 'til later.

This is true rafael. He's been working with football coaches now since like, the summer...he could even just come as soon as we trade for him and begin working at our facilities like he's been doing with the Texans facilities and in Bradenton. Call it voluntary or whatever.

I don't trust Henson for one reason because he doesn't have much Football experience.In my opinion he is more a project(At least 2 years away from starting).I would rather move up and draft Rivers!

One other good thing in Henson's favor that I read: if traded, he comes to another team signed before draft day, and thus has a COMPLEET offseason, as opposed to rookies, who can't participate in the full program.

Casserly is doing his damdest to get a high pick for Henson. Do you really think he would say anything discouraging about Henson's workouts? Of course he made all the throws and looks nimble on his feet...to Casserly.

I certainly hope Henson is the real deal and is worth all the hype. I'd love it if Miami ended up with Henson or Rivers when all is said and done. But let's be realistic here. We'll only here good things out of the Texans camp about Henson.

ESPN radio said they saw tapes of Henson and he looked great, but that that was expected since he was not dealing with any defenders...

I hope not. I would rather see Sage as the back up.
I think everyone is right about the Henson reports. Tapes can be stopped, rewound, and recorded again and again untill he gets it right. Only in person will Rick have a better understanding of what he can do. I too hope he does well.

Originally posted by minus
I don't trust Henson for one reason because he doesn't have much Football experience.In my opinion he is more a project(At least 2 years away from starting).I would rather move up and draft Rivers!

When Rich Eisen asked him about that on NFL Network, he said he's been around football his whole life. He also said he's switched around between baseball and football his whole life too. So he's used to making the adjustment. According to Drew, the reason he didn't like baseball is because he didn't have as much control as you do playing QB... he wants to be able to carry a team.

I hope we can get a #1 for for Ogun, so we can trade one of them for henson. OR, keep Ogun and trade a 2005 pick for him. I just hate to not have a 1st rounder again this year.......

From what I just read in the Herald that seems to be the case. The fins are looking at Henson as a longer term project. If they get him, Jay would still be the starter.

Another season of Jay might send Fish Fans off the deep end...but given the alternatives...what else can they do?

Here's what I hope happens......They get Henson with a future pick and get a top WR in Rnd 1 this year. They'll say Henson is a project and Jay is the starter and all that bull$hit. By about week 5 they'll realize that they aren't going anywhere w/ Jay so they'll throw Henson in there and see what happens. Henson blows everyone away and we go 11-0 the rest of the year. :rocker:

Originally posted by Lukin
Here's what I hope happens......They get Henson with a future pick and get a top WR in Rnd 1 this year. They'll say Henson is a project and Jay is the starter and all that bull$hit. By about week 5 they'll realize that they aren't going anywhere w/ Jay so they'll throw Henson in there and see what happens. Henson blows everyone away and we go 11-0 the rest of the year. :rocker:

Sounds great!! However unlikely. It is my hope that we go with BG rather than Jay and groom henson. He looks amazing and almost bumped Brady out of the top spot at michigan when Brady was a Jr and Henson a TRUE freshman. That not only indicates his physical ability but also his maturity and ability to read defenses at an early age. He may suprise people and be less of a project than expected. Lets give next years #1 and a conditional pick for him. He is incredibly talented both physically and mentally.

Originally posted by Lukin

So basically, you're looking for 1983 all over again. Not asking for much, are you? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom