Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin

If we do it correctly and fix it once and for all we shouldn't need to. In a perfect world i would love to trade down and get XSF then pick up a another Tackle later but that's not just going to happen. So you take the best offensive lineman you can to sure up the offensive line.
a) it could happen, saying its not going to just to support your argument is desperate b) don't have to trade down to get a RT, could get one in round 2 or 3. c) signing or trading for a short-term RT solution could be better than reaching in round 1

take the BPA at 19(if we can't trade down) and then trade up in the second round for a RT we like

That doesn't make any sense and it goes back to my original point which is you why wait till next year? our QB is going to get knocked retirement because the offensive line can block its way out of a wet paper bag. Start with the line because you know what? You cannot score touchdowns without blocking which was the problem last year.

We can address the OL without using our first rounder on it. No one is saying ignore the OL, just not to do it in the first round.

If we trade up for an offensive lineman...... EVERYONE IN THE ORGANIZATION SHOULD BE FIRED..!!!

Wait to see if he slips to 19 but don't give up the farm to move up. If he's gone at 19 trade back and there are a bunch of second and third rounders worthy of taking.

Ok Hickey time to see what you got......

Were not going to trade up for a Guy to play RT who has never played RT, that's just not gonna happen IMO.

I really think well end up trading back with SF. Makes a lot of sense for both teams, we want to acquire more picks, and we can still get what we want even ifwe trade down, SF has to many picks, there roster is so stacked they don't even have the space for all those draft picks.

If we don't trade back, I think well draft Morgan Moses or a WR.

If we liked Shazier as much as is being reported, it wouldn't be reported.

We need Oline man. We need to get so more picks. I don't see us trading up. Too much to give up when there is so much talent. I am not making a draft board. Been to busy at work to even look at film and make my decision. whoever we pick needs to be starter day 1. Here's to the draft and getting players that will be ballers. I think we go online. But it does all depend on who is taken ahead of us.

Would be a huge mistake IMO. No matter how good Martin is you don't trade up for a guard from where we are. It would also be potentially career suicide for Hickey as it ties him to success of Martin and the players that we could have had with the picks we gave up. This is too deep a draft to make this move make any sense. The only way I see us moving up for a lineman is if Lewan or Matthews fall, and even then I don't see us giving up what will be needed to move into the top 10.

Smokescreen, for what purpose I don't know.

Give me Marqise Lee and the option of cutting bait on Hartline or Wallace next year.

Lets leave all the stupid trading up rumors for where it makes sense.... Dallas... who has no GM.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Give me Marqise Lee and the option of cutting bait on Hartline or Wallace next year.

Or, what about... wait for it... trading Wallace to SF for a 2nd & 6th this yr?

I agree, smokescreen.

Plus, guys like Armando who report that Dolphins are high on a tackle and will trade up for him are just being part of the team, playing the game, to get the communications out there the organization wants. There's absolutely no chance, imho, that Hickey trades up for an O lineman. If he trades up, it will be for a different player. But since this is a year we need to pick up both a tackle and guard, doing that is not probable, because he'd lose a high draft pick. So he'll either pick the best player of need at 19, or trade back a few spots.

Back
Top Bottom