here is how i think the OL should go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

here is how i think the OL should go

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
If we sign Todd Wade, and all indications are that we are, then its obvious we will retool the interior line.

First on the dockett will be Chris villareal. He will take Todd Perry's spot at RG. He will solidify and lead the interior.

2nd, i think it would be very wise to go and get Jake Grove in the draft. He would be the center backup or starter depending on his progress and have Yates/Mckinney duke it out for the LG spot depeding on which way they want to go. But i believe CEnter is the most underrated position as far as leading the line and that is what they do, they anchor the line. Jake Grove is the deal here.

that way Mckinney gets to show what he is made of this year. see where he fits best early. but we need someone to push him and that would be Grove.

i dont think in reality that we would get Woody. I am shy of woody now cus of his injury and how new england was able to go without him and win anyways.

Smith Yates/Mckinney Grove/Mckinney Villareal Wade

I dont agree with the LG. Nails or Dixon would probabaly be more appropriate.

I'd also like to get Woody here, but it could be cost-prohibitive.

I'd prefer to see the Phins make Nails compete for a starting spot. For one thing, his ACL injury may mean he'll never again be the dominant run-blocker he was in 2002. Yes, I know they say it takes a running back 2 years to fully recover, so we should expect the same from Nails. Call me crazy, but I think that a 330 pound lineman MIGHT take longer to fully recover than a 210 pound running back.
For another, he struggled with weight issues for a long time, and I'd want to avoid him getting complacent.

Dixon's got to be retiring at this point. If not, tell him the team is going to cut his salary to the bone, and he can take it or leave it. I like him well enough, but he's so injury-prone that he cannot be counted on. Ideally, a competition between Nails and Dixon for that LG spot would be great. In reality, there's just no way it happens.

We're fine with Wade Smith. Save for the Indy game, he was competent last season, and should only get better.

Nails' injury was to his Achilles Heel, not his ACL. And I agree we may give him a shot to return based on what kind of market there is for him in free agency. I like the Villarial idea, but would prefer Jeno James over Woody.

New England's offensive line wasn't exactly a juggernaut in terms of producing a running game, so I think they are a little over-rated. Also, with their quick passing offense they are not required to hold their blocks for long in pass blocking. Go ahead and lash out about that if you want to. I know they won the Super Bowl for the second time in three years. I believe most of that has to do with their defense and Charlie Weis' ability to gameplan and expose weaknesses on offense.

I wouldn't be too happy spending a first on Jake Grove.

Quality player 'n' all. I just see us going elsewhere in the draft.

I would look for us maybe to go centre in next years draft where Ben Wilkerson (LSU) and Vince Carter (oklahoma) are extremely talented

Heres my lineup-

RT-Todd Wade-For $5 mill a year it isnt all that bad
RG-Vernon Carey-Mauler,Driver and very versatile
C-Chris Bober-Cheap versatile player.Played LT too.
LG-Chris Villarrial-A proven All Pro guard who would solidy the line.
LT-Wade Smith-Played o.k last year and can only improve

My o-line would be..
LT-Smith
LG-Woddy
C-Mckkiney
RG-Carey
RT-Wade

if Nails can come back to his 2002 form then I'd be ok with him at RG and then use that pick on somebody else.

Ozzy rules!!

I dont see how we could afford woody. I think spielman will get his man in villareal first and foremost. I think woody will be expensive.

as far as the leaving LT situation at backup, i dont know yet, but i would believe that we will get someone in the later rounds to groom or we get someone cheap in free agency in july/august when cuts happen.

another reality here is that mckinney did not impress this past year, especially at center. he needs to seriously be pushed. i have not seen any toughness to the point where its obvious yet and i believe ruddy did a better job by far. thats where experience comes in. Mckinneys brother also shifted from center to Guard.

Originally posted by finsnchips
I wouldn't be too happy spending a first on Jake Grove.

Quality player 'n' all. I just see us going elsewhere in the draft.

I would look for us maybe to go centre in next years draft where Ben Wilkerson (LSU) and Vince Carter (oklahoma) are extremely talented

well, i dont think you spend a first on grove. that was kind of my point in a roundabout way. you drop down and get a second round pick and get grove.

Do i think Spielman will go and get grove? not based on what he has said. But i am waiting to see exactly where all this money is going to come from.

I dont see us sweating to get under the cap. what i see is noway no how do we get guys that are mentioned on this board other than villareal after wade signs and we have to tender Ogun which counts against the cap i do believe. We have to tender Sage, Greenwood, and some others i think. this is kind of what i am driving at. a little thing called reality.

Back
Top Bottom