Here is what we may be missing in personnel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here is what we may be missing in personnel

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
The MNF game is an interesting one. It shows what mismatches you can create when you have a mighty mite like Givens, Branch, or Brown on your team. I would not Simmons is enough or will make an impact for us other than special teams.

Next year I hope we get Micheal Jenkins in the first round to be our #2 receiver. Samie Parker the Oregon guy is severely underrated. Either in the fourth or sixth we can pick up this guy.

Next year's receiving battle. Jenkins, Parker, Tolver, Simmons, Thompson. We can keep all of them if Simmons takes Rogers spot on the roster.

Another good example the Jets. They have Chrebet and Moss. Both have not been #1s but they have been very good role players that can change games from the slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the thought of that, I just love it.

1.Chambers
2.Jenkins(he's ready! well hey, more ready than thompson!)
3.Tolver
4.Parker
5.Simmons

I'd love to see that. McKnight is a good player, but his cap number is too high to backup. Thompson? Bye-bye.

Speed always seems to kill in the slot. A guy like Parker would find easy picking with Jenkins, Chambers, and McMicheal out there.

your views a little bit off from watching the monday night game. Our offense and patriots offense are completely different. We run a complete different offense and our play selection varies. We want to move the ball..... patriots offense wants to challenge the defense and thats just the butter to it. We have guys with speed, the problem relies on having a consistent passer and a consistent offensive line. Griese is the answer at the moment but I don't know about some of the players that are playing up front.

Not really buddy. I do not care what offense we have. One mighty mite receiver ain't gonna kill us. Thompson and McKnight's size has really made an impact in this offense.:rolleyes:

We don't need to WASTE a pick on a receiver in the first round. How about grabbing a LT tackle that can actually play instead.

Give Wade Smith a chance man. He played LT for exactly one year. He was brought in to start....NEXT year, not this year. He was forced into it and is thought to have been having a great rookie season other than yesterday. LT's do not start as rookies, and certainly not 3rd rounders.

How about we get a Guard who can push the pile. We can get one of those in the third I think. We can get quality guards in third and fourth next year. Plus Whitley or Yates may be ready to start. FA is another place to get an OL.

You can't get star WR's in FA w/o killing the cap, but you can get OL in FA that will play well within your system.

The first rd pick may actually be a RT to replace Wade.

Too bad we don't have another first or a second. Maybe trade down and get both?

I'm a big proponent of trade O-Gun for another first adn using Bowens and Jay Williams at RDE.

Oh well, let's keep focused on season at hand because if we don't make the playoffs we'll have a new coach adn who knows what type of system he'll run which will affect our draft and FA moves entirely.

At this point I'll take Terrell Owens. 2 things I don't like about him, are his attitude, and the $$$ he will want. So it's too far of a stretch. Who else is out there at WR next season?? Anybody know?? When does Isaac Bruce's contract expire. Holt is the main man there?? I still think our problem is our OLINE, but everybody here knows that.

Back
Top Bottom