Here Is Why The Miami Dolphins Will Hand The Jets An ‘l-o-s-s!’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here Is Why The Miami Dolphins Will Hand The Jets An ‘l-o-s-s!’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Can I get an “Aaawwwk!”? This isn’t our Upset of the Week of record, but the Upset Bird nevertheless will be circling the Meadowlands vulture-like on Sunday, eyeing the Jets as carrion splayed roadside. I know NYJ rang up the Lions 48-17 last week and that Sam Darnold evidently is the greatest thing since whatever is greater than sliced bread. (Knowing all of Detroit’s offensive plays, supposedly, had to have helped). But I thought Miami’s win over Tennessee was just as impressive, for the panache to overcome two long lightning delays and also for the unexpected big-play strikes. Ryan Tannehill has struggled vs. the Planes — 4-5 record, 10-9 on TDs/picks, 72.0 rating — but he’s better than he has been and has superior offensive weapons to those of Darnold, especially if DeVante Parker plays as it seems he might. Miami also presents to the rookie QB a defense much better than Detroit’s. The result? Upset! Will you join me Fireman Ed? On my count: “A-A-W-K — “Aawk!”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article218251100.html

Every week is different in the NFL. The Jets won big, as we saw with the Ravens, that dominance is usually short lived.
The Jets-Lions game got out of hand in the 3rd quarter and the Lions flat out quit. There was no pressure on Darnold to do much of anything. He was efficient, but not dominant and he didn’t have to be.
Most QBs will look good when the entire team has success in all 3 phases. Hell, Geno friggin Smith had a perfect QB against the Phins once and people were anointing him a future franchise QB after that performance.
I don’t know how good either team is this week and probably won’t know for another 4-6 weeks

Darnold didn’t look that great ... he had great success throwing short and benefiting from decent YAC. The only long throw really wasn’t that great and should not have been caught .... he will not complete a throw like that against us, although he will complete lots of short ones. Will be our 1st good look at whether or not our D has improved from last year! Short passes were the biggest weakness ......

Darnold didn’t look that great ... he had great success throwing short and benefiting from decent YAC. The only long throw really wasn’t that great and should not have been caught .... he will not complete a throw like that against us, although he will complete lots of short ones. Will be our 1st good look at whether or not our D has improved from last year! Short passes were the biggest weakness ......
our offense do say thing..

because they are favored by 3 points to win the game

Actually 2.5

It was 3 flat for a while after the Jets game on Monday night. I knew that wouldn't last and I probably should have posted here that anyone wanting the Dolphins +3 needed to grab it quickly.

That type of adjustment off of one result invariably tracks back the other way, especially if the number 3 is involved. There are still some 3s -- mostly offshore -- but now you have to pay -120 and some spots up to -130.

Dolphins are not a play for me until +4, which will never happen.

Cote always picks in regard to the spread, which is the only reasonable way to do it. I can just imagine the reaction if he says he's picking the Upset Bird on a team that happens to be favored, but he mentions in the write up that he thinks they should be the underdog.

Back
Top Bottom