here it is folks: the 5 best pro prospects at QB in college | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

here it is folks: the 5 best pro prospects at QB in college

SpeedRush99 said:
No, its not that he's not good. Everyone just thinks he's either too short, bad throwing motion, or plays in a gimmick offense. The whole "fragile" and bad deicisons knocks are total BS. He hasn't missed a game since he's been at Florida. He's shorter than the average pro QB, thats the only legitimate knock.

People also said Flutie, Theisman and Tarkenton were too short.

kastofsna120 said:
he's too short, too fragile, doesn't make smart decisions when forced out of the pocket, has a bad release, plays in a bad offense...shall i go on?

The truth. There's even been word this week that Meyer will begin phasing Leak out & go with Josh Portis more & more as the season goes on because he fits his system better.

SMadison29 said:
The truth. There's even been word this week that Meyer will begin phasing Leak out & go with Josh Portis more & more as the season goes on because he fits his system better.

Doesn't surprise me. Its not because Leak isn't good though. Leak is a pocket passer plain and simple. Portis is a very dynamic runner who Meyer recruited to play at Utah then he followed Meyer to Florida. I really like Leak, but I'm a Gator fan so whatever makes the team better, I'm all for it and I really like Portis' speed.

SMadison29 said:

Where's this "word" coming from BTW?

Roman529 said:
People also said Flutie, Theisman and Tarkenton were too short.
you'll see about 10 quarterbacks each year who get drafted in the later rounds or not drafted at all who are considered "too short" and they never even sniff a roster spot. exceptions to the rule are rare

kastofsna120 said:
he's too short, too fragile, doesn't make smart decisions when forced out of the pocket, has a bad release, plays in a bad offense...shall i go on?
He's only a sophomore. Plenty of time for him to develop under Urban Meyer, if he continues there of course. I've liked him when I've seen him.

Toneboy said:
He's only a sophomore. Plenty of time for him to develop under Urban Meyer, if he continues there of course. I've liked him when I've seen him.

He's a Junior

And as much as I've said I thought he would stay next year. I can see him coming out after this year if Meyer wants to use Portis more.

Chris Leak is probably the best "Pure Passer" in college. His height will probably drop him down a few rounds, but will still be taken in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

Toneboy said:
he's a junior starting his 3rd straight year, and urban meyer's system is only going to hinder his abilities as a pro prospect

kastofsna120 said:
he's a junior starting his 3rd straight year, and urban meyer's system is only going to hinder his abilities as a pro prospect

To be completely accurate, he didn't start til about 1/3 of the way through his freshman year. :D

kastofsna120 said:
1: matt leinart, USC
i'm not real high on him, but i'm not real high on any QBs in this draft (YET), so leinart remains the default #1 guy. he's accurate and makes good decisions, but it's almost impossible to truly judge a guy who has this much talent around him. it's ridiculous

2: sam keller (junior), arizona state
this guy is the real deal. if he plays well against USC he'll be getting a TON of attention and will consider declaring early. basically he'll be the aaron rodgers of this season. his mechanics needs work, but they're about as good as you'd expect from a guy with his limited snaps. playing in a pro-style offense doesn't hurt either

3: reggie mcneal, texas a&m
probably the closest thing to a donovan mcnabb-type player in the draft. has a great arm and can scramble when he needs to. i'd like to see him work more out of a pro-style offense, though

4: jay cutler, vanderbilt
i was sour on this guy last year, and after watching him this year against arkansas, i've changed my mind. he was mostly an option guy who would throw occasionally (and not that well), but he's changed his tune and is throwing primarily now. he looks good passing, although considering how much time he spent in the option, his mechanics still need some work. i think he could be this year's alex smith in that regard. plays very well despite the talent around him, and vanderbilt is now 2-0! go commodores! :D

5: omar jacobs (junior), bowling green
i don't think he should declare early, but due to all the hype on him and the great numbers he'll put up, he'll pretty much be forced to, so i have him listed here, even though i'm not that high on the guy. has all the size and speed and talent you'd want out of a top QB, but his mechanics and the offense he plays in and his soft passes all leads me to believe he needs more work before he can be a top prospect. the talent is clearly there, but...he needs work

others to look at: brad smith, brady quinn (jr), charlie whitehurst, darrell hackney, jordan palmer (jr)

comments? :D

Vince Young?

you guys are crazy leak is not a good qb? wtf, he has a bad release? wtf
mark my word he will be a star in the nfl i promise you that who cares if he is short, he is the same size as brees and you guys want him

nolefin said:
you guys are crazy leak is not a good qb? wtf, he has a bad release? wtf
mark my word he will be a star in the nfl i promise you that who cares if he is short, he is the same size as brees and you guys want him
same size? okay....they're completely different players though. what's size got to do with it?

Back
Top Bottom