Here's a good reason Saban took Crowder.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's a good reason Saban took Crowder..

feelthepain

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
This is part of Crowder's profile, that keeps in with Saban's ideas of what a Saban lead team should look like. Very smart, explosive and team players.
Heres a good read about Crowder:

He worked diligently to get back in shape but had to sit out the 2002 season without enrolling at Florida to save a year of eligibility. He enrolled in January of 2003.

A highly intelligent person, he was a member of the National Honor Society, carrying a 3.5 grade point average. On the field, he is brash and ****y, but has the talent to back up his bold outbursts. He earned National Defensive Freshman of the Year honors from the Sporting News and All-America accolades from the Football Writers Association in 2003, starting nine games at middle linebacker.

He led the nation's freshmen in 2003 with an average of 8.2 tackles and finished second on the squad with 106 tackles (65 solo), including a pair of sacks, five stops for losses and four pass deflections. As a freshman, he started nine times, earning a pair of starts in the middle and six others at weakside outside linebacker, missing the season opener vs. San Jose State.

The knees are a concern, we could have done much worse in the 3rd Saban feels the pick was worthy he won't hurt the teams chances by being foolish. We have no speed in the middle of the field. We will start to look fast and aggressive on D.

I hope we get McPherson and then a DT. Or we can go with Hawthorne and then Anderson.

The reason why Saban took Crowder is obvious....he's a middle linebacker...and Zack's replacement after this season. The same with Roth...he's a fast DE...and will be groomed to one day replace Jason.

Jaj said:
I hope we get McPherson and then a DT. Or we can go with Hawthorne and then Anderson.

I like both those ideas.

Guys, FYI Roth is a LDE so he won't be replacing JT so stop it already.They're both play and our defence will be better this coming season.

Ozzy rules!!

now the risk part:
Had a series of off-field problems that included two arrests for fighting in nightclubs and one for vandalizing several automobiles with teammates. He will need to harness his ability and mature quickly to become a top player
USA Today Draft Guide

I trust Saban's judgement, so I would guess this guy is getting it together.

we should draft McPherson in the 4th, then Shazor or Fields if one drops to the 5th if not then a S, and then best WR available in the 7th

At least he was arrested for fighting and not sneaking into some chicks window like Cecil did.

Back
Top Bottom