Here's my Dolphins 7 round mock draft.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's my Dolphins 7 round mock draft..

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This could still change but for not I see us thinking o-line and DT early on. We are set with 11 starters on defence. I think a DT could come in and play in our rotation, not as a starter but to give the big guys a break. Timbo's getting older and so is Zgonina. Chester's been hurt and Romero is nothing but a back up. On offence we only have 2 openings for a rookie to come in a start. RG and RT. We have Mack coming back at some point this season. We have St.Claire and Randall(likely) to start at RT till Mack gets back. We also have German to back them up. So the RG spot seems to be the one we need help at the most so why not take the best pure guard in this draft? That's what I'm doing and here's my mock. Rip it apart guys, is ok with me...lol

1-Justin Smiley-G-Alabama
Could turn out to be our first probowl guard since Keith Simms
3-Matthias Askew-DT-Michigan ST
Can come in and play in our line rotation, lots of upside
4-Devery Henderson-WR-L.S.U.
I can't just not take a WR in such a deep class.Why take one here and not one in round one?. Cos he's not that far from some of the guys in round one, but we won't get a guy like Smiley here.

6-Demorrio Williams-OLB-Nebraska
Junior won't play forever and the team like him. He can cover and has good speed. Not sure if he'll still be there this late tho
7-Guss Scott-Flroida-S
At this point why not a safety that has upside but you never know this late.
7-Shawn Johnson-DE-Delaware
I have always like taking a player from a smaller program and see if they can turn out to be the next big star. Again, who knows what we'll do this late. We could go o-line for the practice squad.

Anyway, Smiley's the best opition to come in and start this year for us and I'm not sure that we can trade down and still get him.

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah I know is mostly hoping that he'd be there but with so many good WR's there might be one that slices down to us. I'd only go for a guy with speed that can play the slot there.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny

4-Devery Henderson-WR-L.S.U.

This has to be a huge joke. Henderson in the 4th? He probably won't even make it to the late-2nd. He's a 2nd-round LOCK. :shakeno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Danny...I like the picks but have to agree with most that Henderson probably will be gone before the end of the 2nd round. But I would be tempted to take Stacy Andrews in the 7th if he isn't taken....He is not as experienced as his bro (Shawn), but has a lot of potential...is an athlete (competed in weightlifting in college before football) and does not have the weight problems his bro does...just a thought....

You got to be kidding....
Henderson in the 4th?
Williams in the 6th?
Scott in the 7th?
Shawn Johnson in the 7th?
Do the research and you'll find out that almost all of your picks are fantasy-wish-they-were-there picks. Your about two rounds off on all of the pics. You can expect Henderson to go in the early 2nd and Demarrio Williams might go in the late 2nd/early 3rd round. Even Askew will go in the 2nd and possibly in the early 1st round.

I like it Danny...I wouldn't complain at all if it went down like that.

there are more people who will be a 3rd/4th rounder then people drafted in the 1st 4 rounds

Yall make good points, but Konrad was supposed to be a late 1st-early 2nd rounder, and we got him in the 3rd didn't we?? Nevertheless, I am starting to like Smiley more and more. Nice mock :cooldude:

Originally posted by everardteach
You got to be kidding....
Henderson in the 4th?
Williams in the 6th?
Scott in the 7th?
Shawn Johnson in the 7th?
Do the research and you'll find out that almost all of your picks are fantasy-wish-they-were-there picks. Your about two rounds off on all of the pics. You can expect Henderson to go in the early 2nd and Demarrio Williams might go in the late 2nd/early 3rd round. Even Askew will go in the 2nd and possibly in the early 1st round.
goodness!! he never claimed to be mel kiper, he just put together a mock, how is it so different from the so called 'experts'? everybody is just guessing anyway

Is St Clair the answer at right tackle. I'd rather take a effective Center or Tackle and move McKinney to Guard. Todd Perry would come in and be as effective as most Guards you draft. We need a Right Tackle in the first round.

Originally posted by Phishstix

goodness!! he never claimed to be mel kiper, he just put together a mock, how is it so different from the so called 'experts'? everybody is just guessing anyway

Sorry I just was stating my opinion. My bad. I know mocks are mocks and there hard to do due to the fact that most of us are not psychic. Hey I would LOVE your pics, but there is no way any of those picks will be there besides Smiley. (And thats not b/c I'm psychic. Its just the facts based upon what scouts and teams are saying)

Originally posted by everardteach
(And thats not b/c I'm psychic. Its just the facts based upon what scouts and teams are saying)

Not much of a fact. Just someone else's opinion also.

We don't need a tackle in first round if they sign Greg Randall.

Back
Top Bottom