Heres why CHRIS Long doesn't make sense at number 1,and JAKE Long does | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heres why CHRIS Long doesn't make sense at number 1,and JAKE Long does

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
==========================================================
Chris Long-
Sure,he is a great player,probably one of the best motors in the draft.However,people are saying that he is too small to be an end in the NFL.And I'm thinking to myself...6'4 aint small...then someone pointed out his weight.....and I was like....oh yea thats true,he needs to be at least 290-300 pounds,and he he is only 272....and that also brought up another RED FLAG,I'm not saying that he is slow,but he isn't that fast,and adding another 20-30lbs. ain't helping,and is going to make him even slower(AGAIN IM NOT SAYING HE IS SLOW).Parcells and Sparano said that they want the players to fit the system,and Chris doesn't fit that,so I don't think its neccessary to draft him.

Also,another RED FLAG, is that if he is too small to be a DE,that he will have to play OLB.And Im just thinking to myself....who takes a LB that high?The last LB that high i think was Lavaar Arrington like 7-8 years ago,but that was at pick number two,but look what happened to him,an underacheiving career(IM NOT SAYING CHRIS LONG WILL HAVE THAT KIND OF CAREER).I just think that MIAMI will find good OLB's later in the draft,which is what Parcells and Ireland thrive on.Chris will be great to have,dont get me wrong,but,I think taking him 1st overall really doesnt make sense.If we go defense first,my vote is for the one and only,Vernon Gholston.
Jake Long-
He reaped on Monday at the combine.He only let 2 players past him when he played OT(let one by on the right,and let on by on the left).Jake played RT for the first two years at Michigan,and played the last two at LT.Jake is a Parcells player,6'7",315,excellent pass blocking skills,and adaquate run blocking skills.Jake put up 47 reps. at one point at 225,yet at the combine he only but up 10 less than that,still impressive though.Jake Long fills a need that no one on our current team cannot.Carey,IMO,belongs as a guard,best case scenerio a RT.He just isn't the answer at LT,he just doesnt have the "it" that requires player at LT,and I think that Jake does.

P.S.

If you still think Chris Long is the right guy,just keep this in mind,we had GOOD DE's over the past years,and how many of them were Pro-Bowlers?

A couple...and where did that get us?:unsure:

Sure,Chris Long can be a Pro-Bowler,but would you rather have another Jason Taylor(great player on a team that doesn't go anywhere,let alone the playoffs),rather than try something different,and build on an area that is a MUST(we have been missing for QUITE some time).....:D

Basically,what I am saying is,this team has been broke for a long time,and drafting another DE isn't going to fix it,and it's about time to fix it....but and only but,in a new way

Chris Long-
Sure,he is a great player,probably one of the best motors in the draft.However,people are saying that he is too small to be an end in the NFL.And I'm thinking to myself...6'4 aint small...then someone pointed out his weight.....and I was like....oh yea thats true,he needs to be at least 290-300 pounds,and he he is only 272....and that also brought up another RED FLAG,I'm not saying that he is slow,but he isn't that fast,and adding another 20-30lbs. ain't helping,and is going to make him even slower(AGAIN IM NOT SAYING HE IS SLOW).Parcells and Sparano said that they want the players to fit the system,and Chris doesn't fit that,so I don't think its neccessary to draft him.

Also,another RED FLAG, is that if he is too small to be a DE,that he will have to play OLB.And Im just thinking to myself....who takes a LB that high?The last LB that high i think was Lavaar Arrington like 7-8 years ago,but that was at pick number two,but look what happened to him,an underacheiving career(IM NOT SAYING CHRIS LONG WILL HAVE THAT KIND OF CAREER).I just think that MIAMI will find good OLB's later in the draft,which is what Parcells and Ireland thrive on.Chris will be great to have,dont get me wrong,but,I think taking him 1st overall really doesnt make sense.If we go defense first,my vote is for the one and only,Vernon Gholston.
Jake Long-
He reaped on Monday at the combine.He only let 2 players past him when he played OT(let one by on the right,and let on by on the left).Jake played RT for the first two years at Michigan,and played the last two at LT.Jake is a Parcells player,6'7",315,excellent pass blocking skills,and adaquate run blocking skills.Jake put up 47 reps. at one point at 225,yet at the combine he only but up 10 less than that,still impressive though.Jake Long fills a need that no one on our current team cannot.Carey,IMO,belongs as a guard,best case scenerio a RT.He just isn't the answer at LT,he just doesnt have the "it" that requires player at LT,and I think that Jake does.
Not saying we should or shouldn't pick him but 272 pounds is not small for a DE...Jason weighs less than that.

Jake Long-
+1

Sign me up for the "Draft JAKE Long Bandwagon"

I think either one is good but jake long would help our offensive line out alot and i think he could be a great left tackle. and he is also the safer pick and we could mold our offensive line around him and satele that way we will have a good LT and C and we could concentrate on our D line with our 2 secound round picks or at least one of them

I totally agree....Chris Long is not big enough to play a DE in a 3-4 so he would most likely end up being a OLB. We cannot give $35 million to a linebacker....I don't care if he is Little Howie. We have major needs on our O-line. If Beck or whoever we have at QB, is going to have any success they need the time to throw it. We also need a guy who can open holes for RB, Chatman and Ricky.....Jake Long is the one sure thing out there, and the one guy who makes everyone better on our offense. We can take a LB like Connor with the #32 pick (maybe?) or a solid shut down corner. I think we have to take the best O-lineman out there first, then fill in the pieces on D after this.

Ive been trying to say we should draft JAKE Long for quite awhile. Just because Parcells is known as a defensive guru dont be shocked if we scoop this guy.

I could list a thousand reasons why this pick is a good idea but I'll just give you one: Every great team in the NFL has a great LT. Period.

The draft is a crapshoot. No matter who we pick its a 50% chance they are a bust. We need help on DL, people ran all over us. Hello Chris.

BS. Thats it. BS. We don''t even know if Jake is a RT or LT and their is 3-4 T's that are even or a little behind him. Whether he's a LT or not we would have to pay him LT money. It don't matter anyway about this rediculous thread. Their are 100 poll on here and Chri Long always wins.

when we sign Flozell Adams in FA it will be clear that Chris Long is our pick.

BS. Thats it. BS. We don''t even know if Jake is a RT or LT and their is 3-4 T's that are even or a little behind him. Whether he's a LT or not we would have to pay him LT money. It don't matter anyway about this rediculous thread. Their are 100 poll on here and Chri Long always wins.

Let me ask you this, when's the last time we had a solid O-Line? Ill give you a hint: It was the last time we were in the playoffs!!!

Not saying we should or shouldn't pick him but 272 pounds is not small for a DE...Jason weighs less than that.

i said its small for a DE in a 3-4...thats why Jason Taylor plays OLB in a 3-4...

Polls don't mean anything...the only person that has a say is Parcells...not any fans. I'll leave you with this...when you see J. Long...think J. Elliot...and what Jumbo meant to Parcells.

Added note...also think F. Adams...he isn't a twinkle toes...he's road grader...just like Long...Just like Jumbo was. Parcells is a creature of habit...he likes big players on the DL...and OL...he's not a finese type of guy.

ok, here we go, Draft Jake Long, sign Flozell and Faneca and move Carey to Guard. Line would be Adams-Faneca-Satele-Carey-Long. WOW!

i said its small for a DE in a 3-4...thats why Jason Taylor plays OLB in a 3-4...

Yeah I know what you said..but I'd take a 272 pound highly athletic Chris Long at DE in a 3-4 anyday.
I'd also take Jake too..I'd be happy with either pick.

Back
Top Bottom