Herman Edwards contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herman Edwards contract

lauderdale

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"Although New York Jets coach Herman Edwards has two years remaining on his contract, he has an escape clause that allows him to leave after this season -- and he may exercise that right if he does not receive a two-year extension, a source told the Newark Star-Ledger.

According to the Star-Ledger's source (described as a league official with knowledge of the situation), Edwards plans to overhaul the Jets defense. As a result, he wants the security of a long-term deal from owner Woody Johnson to try to help the Jets in their attempts to reach the Super Bowl."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1677844

Do you think the Dolphins might be interested or vice versa should Wanny end up getting fired?

On Inside The NFL this week they have been showing clips of Edwards on the sidelines of the last Jets game. He really looks like he is enjoying himself on the sidelines and seems to connect with his players.

Are you kidding me? I'd be the first one at the Fort Lauderdale Airport to pick him up! :lol: Yeah, I say they better grab him if he's available. He's a very good coach.

I don't like Herm Edwards. He is the complete opposite of Wann. He's a great great great motivator but a complete idiot in play-calling. He does not have the empowering knowledge of a great coach. No Thanks!

You PLAY to WIN the GAME!! Hell-OOOOO!!!!!
Seriously though, I think he is an awesome coach, and he seems to be a really great person as well (nice feature on him after the game was done on Turkey Day).

Originally posted by lauderdale
"Although New York Jets coach Herman Edwards has two years remaining on his contract, he has an escape clause that allows him to leave after this season -- and he may exercise that right if he does not receive a two-year extension, a source told the Newark Star-Ledger.

According to the Star-Ledger's source (described as a league official with knowledge of the situation), Edwards plans to overhaul the Jets defense. As a result, he wants the security of a long-term deal from owner Woody Johnson to try to help the Jets in their attempts to reach the Super Bowl."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1677844

Do you think the Dolphins might be interested or vice versa should Wanny end up getting fired?

On Inside The NFL this week they have been showing clips of Edwards on the sidelines of the last Jets game. He really looks like he is enjoying himself on the sidelines and seems to connect with his players.

I would just wait until our season is over. We are 8-4 right now with a huge game coming up.

Originally posted by Dolfan02
I don't like Herm Edwards. He is the complete opposite of Wann. He's a great great great motivator but a complete idiot in play-calling. He does not have the empowering knowledge of a great coach. No Thanks!
He doesn't have to call the plays. That's what you have offensive and defensive coordinators for. The head coach's job should be to motivate the players and manage the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
the Jets will never "the man who is famous for recovering a fumble on a handoff to Czonk" go IMO

I w/rather see a offensuve guy take over if W(ann)e cannot get it done these last 4 + games

I don't want Edwards he's a jet's coach! Anything to do with NY is BAD! Sorry I'm just bitter about NY teams being a Red Sox fan also!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

He is not a good gameday coach...he is a good PREP coach, he can get a team ready...but he can't coach'em up.

I watch jets games all the time...and some of his calls make me say..................WTF?

We do need a coach with a personality and fire. Something Wanny is definitely missing. Don't know if Herm is the guy for us.

First off ....

He doesn't call the play that why you have offensive or defensive cordinators....
Second Herm Edwards is one hell of a coach.No doubt he will be a great choice if Wann is fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are talking about a possible replacemnt for Wannstedt after his brilliance these past two games? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Prime Time
We are talking about a possible replacemnt for Wannstedt after his brilliance these past two games? :rolleyes:

His existence next year will depend on how deep we get in the playoffs.

edwards and wanny are basically the same,talent wise, i dont want the same, i want an improvement if wanny is fired!!!!!!:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom