Herman Edwards contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herman Edwards contract

I don't want Edwards for us. Look at what he's doing during the game. He makes me as nervous as Wanny does. And, also, I hate anything having to do with the New York Jets.

The more I thought about it Edwards takes average teams and makes them play great. I hope Wanny gets it together and makes a great run to end the season but I still don’t think he is at the level some other coaches in the league are. I think if you switched coaches the last two years the Jets don’t make the playoffs with Wanny while the Dolphins do with Edwards. The thing that sticks out in my mind is the Jets won the division last year with lots of heart and less talent then some other AFC East teams. It won’t matter though, not even the J E T S are stupid enough to let Herm go.

For those who don’t want an ex Jets coach would you turn down Belichick or Parcells?:lol:

Personally, though I know it sounds funny, because he was affiliated with the Jets, I would absolutely NOT turn down Parcells. He's one of the greatest coaches there is. I wouldn't even care if he left like he did NY and NE - at least we would have the glory while it lasted of being a first place franchise.

Herm Edwards is a good coach and a better person but as NJ Fin said and we can attest to because we see Herm on the news often is that he's a Jet and always will be.

That's EXACTLY how I feel T. Do you ever watch Duke Castiglione? He is annoying as hell in his analysis of the Jets even when they're losing. Can't stand him.

As a fan of the Patriots and you as fans of the Dolphins I would think you would want Edwards to stay with the Jets, he won with a team that Parcells put together and now that those players are getting alittle older and not playing as well either are the Jets. I watched the game Monday night and the last 4 plays of the game told me enough about Edwards to tell me that he is a bad coach, all his team had to do was to take a knee 3 times and the game was over, but for some odd reason he ran a play that lost a bunch of yards and then they had a penalty that stopped the clock, they were going to have to Punt but the Titans got a penalty and by rule that last few seconds were run off the clock as per the rule but he put his team in a postion that could have cost his team a sure win, I know that it didnt happen but for those of us that have been watching football for a long period of time we all know that it could have and it would not have been the most shocking thing we have seen before.

Originally posted by njfinfan [/i]
That's EXACTLY how I feel T. Do you ever watch Duke Castiglione? He is annoying as hell in his analysis of the Jets even when they're losing. Can't stand him.

No, I've never heard of Duke. But everything that has to do with the Jets is annoying.
I don't know how it was growing up w/ you being a Phins fan, but it was great for because every one else was a Jets fan. Throughout the season all the trash talk that went on would make Randy Mc look like a mute. Those were the days!!

I grew up in a house where my father was crazy about Green Bay and my sisters and mother love Dallas. We lived in South Florida and the only one who liked the Dolphins was me. At least none of them liked the Jets considering my parents were born and raised in Bed Stuy.

I like him as a head coach but I don't want him to bring the West Coast offense with him. I hate that offense. Its soooo boring. All the quick slants and BS.

i think he's a solid coach with a no-nonsense type of personality. the players seem to love him and are willing to run through a brick wall for him...reminds me of dick vermeil :)

You guys think his a better coach than the one we have ? I think it's crazy to think Herman is a better coach than Dave. DW has SB rings to prove his worth and a winning record every year inspite of the constant media and fan bashing. See, the game versus Dallas is what DW assembled this team to accomplish every single game and the reason we were favorites to win the AFC. But for whatever reason it was just not clicking earlier in the year. Now, like he himself said "We are BAck', and yes indeed we are back..

And Guess who's also back ? Jay is back Jay is Back Jay is Back Jay is back Jay is back..

Back
Top Bottom