Herman Edwards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herman Edwards

dreaded34

Player-Hater Hater!!
Club Member
Reaction score
I have heard that Edwards has an option in his contract and could leave NY. I have also heard he may want to get outta NY as well.

Anyone hear this? If so, what do you think?

ESPN seems to like shooting holes in this. Their position seems to be that he can open negotiations on a new contract but that he cannot actually decide to leave this offseason.

I just know that Herm would be at the top of my list. His teams always seem to come on strong at the end -- that's exactly what the Dolphins need. :)

Exactly - If he's available and the Dolphins don't get him with what they have to offer I would be upset. He is truely the best choice if he becomes available.

he is a fine coach and motivator, he has done more with less every year...last year's afc east win after a 1-4 start(i believe) is testamony enough...i'd love to have him here

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately as has been previously mentioned, he can renegotiate his contract but there is no escape clause, however if he did amazingly become available, I agree I would love to see him on our sidelines coaching our team to victory.

dont count on it...

If anything look for the GM terry Bradway to get the axe, for the major mess up of an offseason he had last season. Even w/o Chad P, the Jets were in at least three games that I saw Vinny T start and Curtis Conway kept dropping passes, drive ending-third down-on the money passes. Herm took it as a personal slight from Bradway when Bradway said in a press conference that the jets had just as much talent as any other team, which put the Jets losing woes on Herm and not the lack of personell. HERm also wanted to keep Coles by any means necessary, so with that said and given the trouble they had this season mainly at the wr position early on, THE jets brass may actually look to lock up Herm Edwards and seriously re-evaluate Bradway, beacuse they could've easily had three more wins with coles/ than without and that was Bradway's call. And what's more ironic is they'll probably make a serious run at a Keyshwan Johnson or Terrel Owens in the offseason and if it's Terrel Owens, (who they covet) they will have spent a lot more than just simply keepin Coles.

He does seem to be a great motivator.. but what I would be a little leary about is that he seems to be winning with another coach's team.. Most of his big players are Parcells' guys...

Naw.. I heard Gruden give Dungy his props after the superbowl...

Ya, I guess herm could take this team places.. but it is after this core is done that I would be worried.. and he always seems to get off to a slow start... but I guess that is better than a fast start and a slow december...

Hate to disappoint you guys, but Big Herm isn't going anywhere.. He plans on staying and Woody Johnson plans on keeping him here.. I wouldn't give him an extension though, not just yet. I'll give him one more year to prove himself. He's a good coach, but these sslow starts suck, and they don't give us much room for error towards the end of the season. Bradway's the one who's gotta pack up his bags and leave town. I'm not too disappointed in the departure of Coles.. We need a taller guy anyway, hopefully T.O. will join us. What'll really piss me off is if they try to draft a WR.. they'll wend up giving an unproven receiver, Coles kinda money..
Being that my wife is a fish fan, I've had the chance to see all your games and for the Fins, I think you guys really need a quarterback. I don't see Fielder taking you to the promised land. I also think you guys should get a receiver to compliment Chambers, who is an amazing WR already. Wanny's gotta go. Norv Turner is better than the media makes him out to be. You get him the right personnel on the field and things should get better.
Good luck, and hopefully we'll have a good game against you guys in 2 weeks.

J-E-T-S... Jets, Jets, Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SuperJetFan
Norv Turner is better than the media makes him out to be. You get him the right personnel on the field and things should get better.

Yea, like a REAL offensive line!

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
Unfortunately as has been previously mentioned, he can renegotiate his contract but there is no escape clause, however if he did amazingly become available, I agree I would love to see him on our sidelines coaching our team to victory.

I agree its a pipe dream but that it would be great to have. Lets try and focus on someone that may be available and take the job. If so would a new coach rebuild or just add some.

Herm is not going anywhere for better or worse. For the one most up there, I wanted to keep Coles as well, but his contract was paying him as a top 5 WR. If we got TO, it may or not be more, but Coles is not in his class. We wouldn't pay Key anywhere near what LC got from the Spendskins.

Back
Top Bottom