He's got a Purdy mouth... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

He's got a Purdy mouth...

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but it looks like Purdy is headed for Tommy John surgery on his shoulder. This has a VERY long recovery time and rebuilding his strength may take into next year.
SF may not be done with QB moves.

They still want Lance to win that job next year so he's not going anywhere in 2023. Too much was invested to get back a 2nd and 5th round pick.

I suspect Jimmy G will want a clean break from the franchise now with Purdy as an option along with Lance's potential. No real reason for him to remain in the fold against two young QB's and SF needs to keep their cap in check with Nick Bosa about to get paid. Even if there is a chance he could play this year, he really needs to do what he needed to do last year and leave. Give yourself a shot at a job you can play 3-4 years. NYJ, NYG, NE, CAR, ATL, IND.

McCaffrey was stellar in the playoffs for them but I'd put my money on him not producing long term vs. staying healthy.

If Trent Williams does retire and they can't re-sign McGlinchey, they'll be in a tough spot with no draft capitol. I'd consider selling them our 2023 2nd rounder for their 2024 first given Purdy's injury. I doubt Chris Grier would consider that though as we need help now. That would be a tough call for me if the offer was made by SF, given we can't have a second consecutive nearly useless draft.

I am not buying stock in the Niners right now but the NFC does suck A$$ so they could have another meaningless run through a weak conference.

Tommy John is the ulnar collateral ligament in the elbow, not the shoulder. He might be done forever.

Back
Top Bottom