Hey all! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey all!

NewPhinPhan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I've been a BYU fan for years, and I live in WA State. I've followed John Beck since going to BYU, and have seen him grow into the QB he is today.
I had the opportunity to meet he and other players during a vacation my family took to Utah in April, as he was training for the NFL.
I'm one of the few guys who said on Draft Day when Miami passed on Quinn at #9 (and my wife can confirm it, as I turned and told her) "Miami is going after Beck."
I couldn't be more happy for him, and for PhinLand. You're really getting a solid QB in Beck. A true student of the game, and a GAMER!
Some have criticized him as being a "system QB". Well, if System QB means he will learn whatever system he's in, you got a winner there. He has already shown that learning Cam's system is his highest priority. You'll not find a harder worker at QB, and as selfless and humble. He'll be a winner for years to come, and Miami is truely lucky to have this gem.
But, don't let my words convince you, he'll do that himself soon enough.

Best of luck Miami, I'll be rooting for you AND for John Beck's success!

BTW - Rampage

Love the Signature. Been a UFC follower since the beginning days.

Rampage Liddell fight? Excellent!

Love the Signature. Been a UFC follower since the beginning days.

Rampage Liddell fight? Excellent!

:yes: There are quite a few MMA fans here. Checkout the "Other Sports" forum around PPV time for threads.

I've been really impressed with the calibur of Miami fans, for the most part. Thank you for welcoming a new fan. I'll be the first to admit I'm more of a Beck fan than anything. But, I couldn't be more excited to have him in Miami. I hope he brings back a tradition of winning that was once had under Dr. Marino. I feel he will, and fans in Miami will see the kind of "stuff" I have witnessed for the past 4 years at BYU. You won't be disappointed, and I hope he has a long and successful career RIGHT HERE in Miami.
I'll be watching with great interest, even when Beck ISN'T starting.
I also trust that Cam and Mueller have put all the pieces in place. They have a plan, more than I've seen out of any other team. Very specific. We'll see how it turns out.

Again, Miami fans rock. I'm really impressed. And living up in Seattle, I can say this town is full of the biggest bandwagon fans you've ever seen. ;-)

I've been really impressed with the calibur of Miami fans, for the most part. Thank you for welcoming a new fan. I'll be the first to admit I'm more of a Beck fan than anything. But, I couldn't be more excited to have him in Miami. I hope he brings back a tradition of winning that was once had under Dr. Marino. I feel he will, and fans in Miami will see the kind of "stuff" I have witnessed for the past 4 years at BYU. You won't be disappointed, and I hope he has a long and successful career RIGHT HERE in Miami.
I'll be watching with great interest, even when Beck ISN'T starting.
I also trust that Cam and Mueller have put all the pieces in place. They have a plan, more than I've seen out of any other team. Very specific. We'll see how it turns out.

Again, Miami fans rock. I'm really impressed. And living up in Seattle, I can say this town is full of the biggest bandwagon fans you've ever seen. ;-)
Thanks bro. Nice to have you here.:wink:

Welcome aboard! Your Beck knowledge will pay off handsomely for you here. I didn't get to catch much BYU the last couple of seasons, so most of what I've seen from Beck have been highlights on ESPN & youtube. I didn't like bypassing Quinn originally, and thought for sure we'd have to trade up into the bottom of round one in order to get Beck... when we didn't I really thought we were playing with fire because he was the only other QB I really liked this year. It's just lucky for us Fin Fans it worked out the way it did.

Thanks, Myles. I look forward to participating for MANY years!

Back
Top Bottom