Hey...anybody got any scoop on how Alabi is doing? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey...anybody got any scoop on how Alabi is doing?

VanDolPhan said:
He's a project. He'll end up on the practice squad or cut outright if whatever Houck saw in him disappears. If he ends up in one of the backup positions it'll be real interesting cause that means they either keep 5 tackles or St Clair, McIntosh gets das boot.

Aaaah, a little analysis in the midst of bad, scatalogical humor. Let me add mine.

Alabi is third on the depth chart behind Carey and McIntosh for the LT spot. Since Houck scouted him personally, one can only assume he saw enough talent to merit trying to give him a year in a pro weight/work-out program. Houck is a champ at teaching technique and that will be the case here.

The interesting question will be if he can fly low enough under the radar during camp and pre-season to allow us to cut him on the last cut and then him back to the practice squad without being poached by some other team? Or will he be the 53rd man on the roster and spend the whole year on the inactive list? If the latter is the case, then as VanDolPhan points out, someone much better known will likely NOT be on the roster either by being cut or traded or an injury has happened.

I like how the link on the previous page has Alibi listed at 6 ft5 322 pounds. Perfect size for a LT. :)

CDSrocks said:
Anthony and I became friendly last year, but I haven't called him in awhile. Anybody hear how he's been doing so far?

You would think friends would call each other or maybe you are a woman and he hasnt called you back after the other night because he wanted a 1 night stand?

PatsSuck456 said:
You would think friends would call each other or maybe you are a woman and he hasnt called you back after the other night because he wanted a 1 night stand?

or he just made up a story

Bill C said:
We only had 6 draft picks. If he gets cut then Saban's first draft immediately falls to only a potential 83.33% - and that assumes ALL REMAINING PICKS make the roster.

Given Alabi was taken with a 5th in a year of every pick being a premium, my bet is they do not cut him unless someone really fouled up the scouting report.

/me rolls his eyes

Not every draft pick makes a roster. That rarely ever happens. To make the practice squad the player has to be cut and clear waivers before he can land there. Many 5th to 7th rounders end up there. If he's raw etc chances are he won't get a roster spot over McIntosh, St Clair and the practice squad is where he goes.

Back
Top Bottom