Hey Danny, Here's an A+ Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Danny, Here's an A+ Draft

Fintastic

AIR FORCE PHIN FAN
Reaction score
1 20 DOLPHINS OT - Vernon Carey - Miami
1* DOLPHINS QB – Philip Rivers - N.C. State
2* DOLPHIN WR - Michael Jenkins - Ohio St.
4 116 DOLPHINs K - Nate Kaeding - Iowa
5 148 DOLPHINS DE - DARRION SCOTT - Ohio St.
7 210 DOLPHINS OT - MARK WILSON - CALIFORNIA
7 212 DOLPHINS S - MAURICE SIKES - MIAMI
* 1st and 3rd for OGUN
* Traded two 3rd round picks for a 2nd

Plus a one year wonder at QB, how bout bruenell starting half a season then Rivers comming in just like they did in JAX. Problem is if Mark is playing good do they put in a RC QB? Even Rivers? What if say Maimi goes deep into the playoffs with Rivers on the bench do you think they will start Rivers in 2005 or stick with the QB who takes deep into the playoffs?

That's a pretty good list. I don't know about spending a fourth round pick on a kicker. They can be found later and via Free Agency. I propbably go after another WR there or OLineman. But I like the first three picks.

i'm still not sold sold on rivers. living in va, i watched plenty of nc state games and his arm just does not impress me at all...of course, that was the knock on joe montana as well ;). i'll take a wait and see attitude

If we bring Brunell in, he plays unless injured or he just plain sucks (which I doubt will happen). Bring up Sage and another young gun up behind him.

I really believe that if we can keep the D intact for the next 2 or 3 years, add bulk on the O-line, and have Brunell at QB...We can win the SB.

Keep in mind that Ricky will only be able to take the kind of punishment that 350+ carries will do to him for about another 2-3 years...(Most RBs don't have 17 year carrers, we cant waste Rickys years like we did with Dan) The window is closing so we better jump through.

Why should we trade the best defensive player we had this year? I just don't get it.

Ozzy rules!!

I would go absolutely gaga if we got carey and rivers and a good WR. Happy :pirate:

Originally posted by Danny
Why should we trade the best defensive player we had this year? I just don't get it.

Ozzy rules!!

we arent trading him, we are letting him go via free agency and our compensation would be a 1st and 3rd round pick since he is unrestricted. Our thought process is that our defense would still be good, and others have had success alongside jason taylor, not to mention if we keep him, we probably cant sign him long term anbd will lose him the following season without any compensation.

Everyone needs to think about OGun. How much of his success comes because JT is lined up on the other side?

I would say a lot.

Besides we need the pick more than we need him.

Originally posted by Danny

Ozzy rules!!

There are several more pressing needs on the team right now and, unfortunately, it will be too expensive to both keep Ogun and do everything else the team needs to do to improve. Basically, the high tender would either afford the team the right to keep him at a lesser salary or get some very nice compensation in return.

Originally posted by fin-atic
That's a pretty good list. I don't know about spending a fourth round pick on a kicker. They can be found later and via Free Agency. I propbably go after another WR there or OLineman. But I like the first three picks.

This guy will be stand out kicker, who can step in right away and save the Dolphis some money that would have been payed to Mare.

Pros: Nate is considered by most as the best Kicker prospect to come out of college over the past several years. He has a strong leg (can near the 60 yd range), is experienced on grass, accurate, and is long on kickoffs.

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplayer.php?key=Nate Kaeding

:allhail:

That would not surprise me, him being gone in day one-3rd round problably, I'm holding out for him though. ;)

Back
Top Bottom