Hey, Ricky, are we having fun yet? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey, Ricky, are we having fun yet?

He was mocking ricky the entire time............ i hate people like that when they treat him like a 5 year old and pretend like he will never read that ............... I hate articles like that when they say things like he is a mental, undereducated, toddler with no brain at all........... he is actually quite smart........... and small hands or not, he is still a great football player..........

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
He was mocking ricky the entire time............ i hate people like that when they treat him like a 5 year old and pretend like he will never read that ............... I hate articles like that when they say things like he is a mental, undereducated, toddler with no brain at all........... he is actually quite smart........... and small hands or not, he is still a great football player..........

Actually, if you really read the article I don't think he was mocking him at all, IMO he was trying to say something somewhat profound. I know the thing is long, and somewhat redundant, but it's actually a very good article, told from a somewhat unusual perspective, about what life must really be like for Ricky Williams. While many think that just because he has incredible talent and relatively good looks, things must be perfect for him. Well, they're not, and I believe this author's intent was to show us how sometimes square pegs just don't always fit into the round holes you're trying to force them into; sometime you actually have to create a square hole for them so thing go smoothly.

Football aside, I see RW as a guy with whom I would actually like to kick back with. He's not as arrogant as most players, he's introspective, intelligent, and unique. Look at the article from this perspective and I think you'll see things a little differently bro.

Originally posted by Expo88

Football aside, I see RW as a guy with whom I would actually like to kick back with. He's not as arrogant as most players, he's introspective, intelligent, and unique.
Dude, I think you're right, he seems like a pretty mellow guy and would be cool to just hang with, go shoot some pool, and like you said, he doesn't come across as arrogant.:cool:

Yeah, but what is with this guy's obsession with Ricky's hands? Jesus H Christ!!! He must of mentioned Ricky "microscopic" hands 20 times.

Originally posted by echo_bravo
Yeah, but what is with this guy's obsession with Ricky's hands? Jesus H Christ!!! He must of mentioned Ricky "microscopic" hands 20 times.

Maybe the guy likes small hands because they make his d*ck look bigger.

I agree with Expo. I didn't take it as mocking Ricky. I interpreted it as sympathy for him in a sarcastic way.

I didn't take this article as dissing Ricky..actually I thought he played on the emotional toll being Ricky must have on him.

I think he making such a big deal about the hands b/c it was made to be such a big deal during the draft.

In my opinion Ralph Wiley was attempting to comment on the absurdity of the perception of Ricky's small hands being his biggest problem. Here is a guy who (legitimately) suffers from a terrible social disorder, gets harrased by the police AND (ex-)teammates for being wierd and has the weight of an entire NFL franchise placed squarely on his shoulders; yet his biggest problem is is small hands? Ridiculous!! Ricky firstly is a person; and secondly a running back; who, yes does have small hands.

I thought it was a great article as I think almost all of Ralph Wiley's articles are. And I think Ricky has done a great job of putting more of a human face on NFL superstars this off-season. It takes alot of courage to do what he has done.

Back
Top Bottom