Hey Ricky, sure you wanna come back now! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Ricky, sure you wanna come back now!

PassRush said:
I am very opinionated about Ricky Williams but all I am going to say here is I doubt he will play a down for the Dolphins. I am not a contractual genius but it is my understanding that if we trade Ricky Williams, the team that gets him has to take over payments of his contract, if he comes back to play for us isnt the 8.6 million dollars of debt cleared? I very well may be wrong but if we trade him for anything, 6th round pick, pair of cleats, what ever; he still owes us and we dont have to pay him a cent. Correct me if I am wrong

If he is not playing football there is no chance that Wayne ever sees his money. He certainly doesn't have it right now.

There was too much time and effort put into this whole thing. Williams will play for Miami for at least one more season. After that, who knows. But if Ricky does in fact come back, he will play for Miami. Why? Because as it is right now, he has no trade value. Plus, Saban knows a motivated R. Williams will be an asset. Ricky will no doubt want to prove people wrong about him. Look what happened when he first came to Miami. He will want to at least equal that. And if he does, then his trade value sky rockets in comparison to now. My money is on RW playing for Miami again. And he and Ronnie will be one helluva tandem - at least for the '05-'06 season.

PassRush said:
I am very opinionated about Ricky Williams but all I am going to say here is I doubt he will play a down for the Dolphins. I am not a contractual genius but it is my understanding that if we trade Ricky Williams, the team that gets him has to take over payments of his contract, if he comes back to play for us isnt the 8.6 million dollars of debt cleared? I very well may be wrong but if we trade him for anything, 6th round pick, pair of cleats, what ever; he still owes us and we dont have to pay him a cent. Correct me if I am wrong

I don't think the debt is cleared unless Wayne says it's cleared. He already won in court. Although I would imagine if RW came back and played well Wayne wouldn't be so concerned about the money.

Back
Top Bottom