Hickey interviewed for Tampa GM job | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hickey interviewed for Tampa GM job

So let me see if I understand.......

People were saying Hickey couldnt even get an interview for the GM position of the team that had employed him for a long time.

Turns out, he did get an interview and yet, he DID NOT get the job.

People think this is awesome because some people were saying he couldnt get an interview.

So basically he is Tampa's Brian Gaine only worse because he worked there for so long and they still passed him over for the job.

WOOOO HOOO!!! Eat that haters!!! He got interviewed!!! He just didnt get hired. :bobdole:

I figured you'd be one of the first people to have this reaction. You lose the argument that Hickey stinks bc Tampa Bay didn't interview him but when we find out they did in fact, Hickey now stinks because they passed him over for a new guy in a new regime.

He could deliver Vida Guerra to your house naked and you'd find fault in it somehow.

Yeah I'm not sure how or why this is newsworthy. On the surface, this looks like a terrible hire to a lot of us. We just need to be proven wrong.

I'll be delighted to be proven wrong here.

It's newsworthy because a lot of the negative reaction to Hickey was that he didn't interview with his own team which indicated to some that he was awful.

To have that not be the case is certainly newsworthy.

He interviewed with Lovie Smith for the job, so his 18 year tenure meant nothing. Besides, the point of the OP, which went completely over your head, was to point out how the media missed this. It wasn't to say how awesome Hickey is because he interviewed with Tampa. Get real dude.

So he and Lovie both working at Tampa during that 18yrs when Lovie was a coach there for Dungy means nothing, but Philbin and Hickey might have talked when Hickey scouted Philbins region means something?

I figured you'd be one of the first people to have this reaction. You lose the argument that Hickey stinks bc Tampa Bay didn't interview him but when we find out they did in fact, Hickey now stinks because they passed him over for a new guy in a new regime.

He could deliver Vida Guerra to your house naked and you'd find fault in it somehow.

Wtf are you even talking about dude?

Find the post where I ever mentioned Hickey and a ****ing interview with Tampa. I gave zero ****s then and I give zero ****s now.

I simply find it amusing that people are like.... "HA!!!!! He interviewed."

In fact I dont think Ive said much about this whole topic of Hickey or the GM for several reasons. Mainly because Im not going to make a bunch of posts pretending to know **** about this guy who I never really heard of until a few days ago. Well, there is that fact plus the one that it really dosent make a difference who the GM is compared to how well the QB plays. All I wanted was a GM who wouldve canned Philbin and changed QBs.

All I know about Hickey is he worked for TB for a long time, someone posted a bunch of Tampa's drafts over the years and they were horrible, it dosent seem he was a legit top candidate, and he likes Pepsi. I have no idea if he will work out as GM. If he lets Philbin ride with Tannehill at QB, he likely wont be here long.

It happens on both sides, people take Tweets as fact too soon
It doesnt matter if your positive or negative, this is a good lesson to take these one-liners with a grain of salt.
And it is newsworthy because so many assumed he wasn't interviewed and attempted to paint him a failure because of it

All I know about Hickey is he worked for TB for a long time, someone posted a bunch of Tampa's drafts over the years and they were horrible, it dosent seem he was a legit top candidate, and he likes Pepsi. I have no idea if he will work out as GM. If he lets Philbin ride with Tannehill at QB, he likely wont be here long.

And there it is. :lol:

So he and Lovie both working at Tampa during that 18yrs when Lovie was a coach there for Dungy means nothing, but Philbin and Hickey might have talked when Hickey scouted Philbins region means something?

Lovie Smith is a new coach in Tampa, so I don't think he has any loyalty to anyone in the front office. Smith was a linebacker's coach in the late 90's with Tampa where Hickey was a midwest regional scout for Tampa. I doubt their paths crossed often, if at all.

Now if the Glazers conducted their own interview for GM, I suspect his 18 years of service for the Bucs would come into play.

That's like saying Brian Gaines drafts have been terrible while with the Fins. He simply did not make the final call - now he will.

Wtf are you even talking about dude?

Find the post where I ever mentioned Hickey and a ****ing interview with Tampa. I gave zero ****s then and I give zero ****s now.

I simply find it amusing that people are like.... "HA!!!!! He interviewed."

In fact I dont think Ive said much about this whole topic of Hickey or the GM for several reasons. Mainly because Im not going to make a bunch of posts pretending to know **** about this guy who I never really heard of until a few days ago. Well, there is that fact plus the one that it really dosent make a difference who the GM is compared to how well the QB plays. All I wanted was a GM who wouldve canned Philbin and changed QBs.

Why is it amusing people are bringing up his interview with his team? That was one of the main criticisms from the people here who hated Hickey. Now that they don't have that play anymore, it's now a knock on him that he wasn't hired by his old team.

How does that compute? And you were the first to comment on it so there ya go :up:

I will keep saying this: whether you're happy with Hickey or not (and like the majority, I'm not), at this point dredging up all sorts of negative bull**** once that horse is out of the barn is like informing someone that their new bride was formerly a pinata for the local football team after the deal is done. All is serves up is cognitive dissonance when at this point, the majority of us have a right to be skeptical but really should STFU when it comes to more "news and opinion" related negativity, and hope to be proven wrong.

5pofvo-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom