Hidden Gems FA-2014 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hidden Gems FA-2014

crossfit93

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It's funny to look at it now, but last year Brent Grimes was a hidden Gem. Gibson might even be considered one had he not gotten injured.

In FA this year who are some of your favorite hidden gems?

I'm a fan of: Corey Peters, Anthony Collins, EDS, Le Puente, Andre Brown, Akeem Jordan, etc...

Not sure he is a gem, or hidden, but a name we haven't really thrown around is Breno Giacomini, T for Seattle. Was a 5th round pick for Green Bay in 2008. Was picked up by Seattle in 2010 off the GB practice squad. He had a knee injury this year, but came back and played in the Super Bowl and I thought he did pretty well. I don't see him generating a whole lot of money and he is an obvious upgrade at RT. He is 28 years old. Not that it has mattered in the past, but he does have ties to Philbin.

Would be a big upgrade, IMO, that may not cost too much. Frees up a little more to spend on a LT and one less OL to have to draft.

We can have great talent till our eyes bleed, but until we get better/great coaching it wont matter. I'm yet to see any type of greatness from the Philbin era. The NFL is a coaches league. You need great/elite coaching to win a SB.

Not sure he is a gem, or hidden, but a name we haven't really thrown around is Breno Giacomini, T for Seattle. Was a 5th round pick for Green Bay in 2008. Was picked up by Seattle in 2010 off the GB practice squad. He had a knee injury this year, but came back and played in the Super Bowl and I thought he did pretty well. I don't see him generating a whole lot of money and he is an obvious upgrade at RT. He is 28 years old. Not that it has mattered in the past, but he does have ties to Philbin.

Would be a big upgrade, IMO, that may not cost too much. Frees up a little more to spend on a LT and one less OL to have to draft.

His cap hit this past season was almost $5 million
Which was more than anyone on our offensive line

We can have great talent till our eyes bleed, but until we get better/great coaching it wont matter. I'm yet to see any type of greatness from the Philbin era. The NFL is a coaches league. You need great/elite coaching to win a SB.

Tell that to Jim Caldwell who went to the super bowl with Peyton Manning and then went 2-14 without him. You guys and your agenda is getting old. Posting your gripes about the coach and owner in every freakin thread.

Coaching is the most important factor but this team lacked player leadership last year as the main problem. Hopefully philbin has learned that. Hickey can find talent.

Good call on Sam Shields. I note him every time I watch the Packers.

Anthony Collins, Scott Chandler, Jon Asamoah, Dekoda Watson, James Starks, Brian Leonard, John Kuhn, Ted Ginn, Trindon Holliday, Breno Giacomini, Ryan Harris, Mike Pollak, Chad Rinehart, Evan Dietrich-Smith, Javier Arenas, Vincent Rey, Linval Joseph, Sam Shields.

Back
Top Bottom