History: Trading Within The Division | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

History: Trading Within The Division

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
In one of the other threads, there was a little debate about trading/not trading within the division.
It got me to thinking- can anyone on here remember any time in our history when we have made trades within our division?
The only one I can recall, without racking my brain to hard, is didn't we trade some high picks for Irving Fryar around 1993? Can anyone else think of any?
(And remember, the Colts were in our division for a long time)
Otherwise, I can't think of any major ones. Would love to know if anyone else can.

Welker is the only one I know of in my era of Phins football. and even that was more of a poison pill that the NFL would have gone after the Pats for or made a rule change if they hadn’t thrown in the extra 7th or whatever it was

Hey everyone,
In one of the other threads, there was a little debate about trading/not trading within the division.
It got me to thinking- can anyone on here remember any time in our history when we have made trades within our division?
The only one I can recall, without racking my brain to hard, is didn't we trade some high picks for Irving Fryar around 1993? Can anyone else think of any?
(And remember, the Colts were in our division for a long time)
Otherwise, I can't think of any major ones. Would love to know if anyone else can.
Fryar was traded from the patriots to the phins for a 2nd and 3rd.
Welker is the only other one i know of.

Fear of New England possibly drafting Vernon Carey in 2004 caused Miami to needlessly trade up one spot with Minnesota. Then New England took Vince Wilfork two picks later who was the better player anyway. So they kind of gave New England an assist by panicking and giving away resources for no reason.

Fear of New England possibly drafting Vernon Carey in 2004 caused Miami to needlessly trade up one spot with Minnesota. Then New England took Vince Wilfork two picks later who was the better player anyway. So they kind of gave New England an assist by panicking and giving away resources for no reason.
Rick Speilman before he figured out how to GM.

He was cooked the minute he traded a second for AJ Feeley. Then camp started and Feeley was not in the same ball park as Fiedler.

Good times.
He traded a 3 for Lamar Gordon after Ricky quit too. Talk about panicking.....

Lol remember when the Eagles traded McNabb to the redskins? Eagles only did that because they knew McNabb was washed up.

The Bills traded Marlin Briscoe to the Dolphins in 1972.

James Brown, OT, was traded to the Dolphins by the Jets in 1996 for a 5th rounder.

Supposedly the Dolphins tried to get the Jets to trade Darelle Revis to them in 2013.

Just two years ago, the Dolphins traded a 5th to the Patriots for two 6ths and one 7th during the draft.

Back
Top Bottom