Hit of the year 2001 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hit of the year 2001

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
I go with Zach's hit on Bob Christian in goal line stop ag. Falcons. Man did Zach give up his body to bring down the big fella :eek: :judge:

David Bowens tackling the guy on the onside kick play against, oh hell I forgot.

LoBro making the hit on Warner at the goal line to stop him from...Oh, wait a minute, he just held on to him and let him toss a TD pass to Faulk, my bad. :lol:

I know what the biggest non hit was last season. Zach on 3rd and 1 against the 49ers, open tackle and misses Hearst. The 49ers then marched 98 yards for the game breaking TD. If he made the tackle the Dolphins would have had the ball inside their own 50, and the D would have had a chance to rest. Oh well.

Originally posted by Expo88
LoBro making the hit on Warner at the goal line to stop him from...Oh, wait a minute, he just held on to him and let him toss a TD pass to Faulk, my bad. :lol:

I prefer the hit he put on Peyton Manning that knocked him out of the game and pretty much won us that game.

I don't think that was...

Originally posted by Expo88

... LoBro that was Twan Russell, the SLB.

Oliver...

Originally posted by KB21
David Bowens tackling the guy on the onside kick play against, oh hell I forgot.

That's the one that came to mind for me too. We lost that game, but it was still a brutal hit. BOOM!!!!

It wasn't in 2001, but O.J. McDuffie's kill shot on Colts LB Elijah Alexander in 1997 was vicious. I think Alexander went into convulsions shortly thereafter.

And Zach Thomas' knockout shot on Shawn Jefferson on the reverse was equally devastating. Zach looked like a beastman the way he just got up and walked away as the camera showed Jefferson unconscious on the sidelines. This was Zach's first game as a Phin. And what a way to get things started.

Back
Top Bottom