Hold the San Diego thought for a second | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hold the San Diego thought for a second

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
Yeah, all is good, we beat the Jets. Wahoo. But, this Super Bowl talk is getting out of hand. I haven't seen anything yet that shows me that we should be in the Super Bowl. The Patriots have won 13 in a row (not counting pre-season) and are better than last year. We can't even talk Super Bowl until we beat the Patriots. Then, you can talk. But we still aren't the best team in football, right now, the Patriots are until they lose.

Ya i overheard someone over at a jets board saying we are unstoppable.....Thats getting a little out of hand dont you think?

Yea, given the fact that our offense got only a little over 300 yards today and only put up points off of turnovers. Everyone says the o-line looked great, I didn't. Ricky made his own holes and Jay was under a lot of pressure today. Wade had lots of trouble with Abraham and you could tell he was frustrated as he got a couple dumb penalties today.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Yea, given the fact that our offense got only a little over 300 yards today and only put up points off of turnovers. Everyone says the o-line looked great, I didn't. Ricky made his own holes and Jay was under a lot of pressure today. Wade had lots of trouble with Abraham and you could tell he was frustrated as he got a couple dumb penalties today.

That's how you win Championships, getting points of "creating turnovers." That's how New England won the Super Bowl. Points do and after 3 games we have averaged 33.3 points per game, and have only given up 12.33. Yards don't mean sh*t, as a matter of fact, we had almost 400 yards of offense(394 to be exact) not just a little over 300 like you posted. I'm not going to b*tch about 400 yards of offense any day in the NFL. I can't believe it, we win 30-3 "DOMINATE" we are 3-0 and people still b*tching. Who cares we won, we're 3-0 we obviously have the best RB, the best Offensive Coordinator, the best COMPLETE Offense we've had in almost 2 decades. Our defense is playing great, I mean look at the turnovers 9 takeaways. Yes our real test will be against New England in 2 weeks, but we are still 3-0. Right now I would rank us #2 behind the Patriots. I'll tell you one thing, Kansas City won't score 38 points on us like they did on New England.

New England has played just as many weak teams as we have. Pittsburgh sucks, we all know it. They are obviously the fluke from last year. Jets suck both teams have proved that. I won't even talk about Detroit. Kansas City "almost" beat the Pats today. We play them next week. chambers84 out.

Hey Chambers were you a little upset on that post...:-)..I agree lets enjoy this game..The PATS are still number 1 until some one unseats them..Right now the Dolphins need to be concern with the Chiefs not the Pats..that's 2 weeks away....I'm scouting the chiefs..They hae a good O..another Colts like team..but with a RAM's like O..this type of O burn us last year with the RAMs...let's see where we're really at..this game is a good gage...especially for our D.

LMAO, damn you got a temper Chambers84. Did I ever "bitch" about the game? No, all I said is before everyone crowns us Super Bowl champs in week 3, wait until we prove we can pound an AFC contender like the Patriots. The Patriots are the team to beat, not us. Just look at every power ranking around. Those guys have won 14 in a row or something like that. Beat them first, then we can talk. But, it's still only week 3. What if Ricky Williams tears his ACL tomorrow in practice? We still going to the Super Bowl?

I don't have a temper, it just seems like whenever we get a shed on light on success somebody has to damper it a little bit one way or another. The real reason I quoted your post was the 300 yard stat you commented on. I was trying to correct you, and it just so happened that i rambled on about other things. I didn't mean to attack you personally.

Sorry you are 100% wrong...

... that 53-yard TD by RW's had a lot to do with the blocking. 1st T. Perry and Wade made a hole big enough that a truck could have backed through of. Then Gadsden made a superior block down the field to free up RW’s down field for the TD. As much as RW's is making this OL look good, it's is contagious, this OL is one of the better OL in the NFL right now, especially Ruddy, T. Perry and Nails. All 3 could be in Hawaii come February 2003.

Oliver...

Originally posted by breckenridge55

When we beat the Pats that will convince everyone how solid we are. As for me I'm already convinced that noboby can beat us.

Pats started 1-3 last season!!!! guys this season is still fresh...

However there's no denying brecknbrige that our fins have looked good...no matter how you see it this isnt the same team on offense that the one we have seen in the last couple of years...Ricky ,Norv ,Showtime....All were great additions...Right now Pats are still the champs but they NARROWLY escaped KC'S wrath...The 2 following weeks will give us a better understanding of were we are...3-0 baby!!!:rolleyes:

do oyu guys wanna know why everyone is talking superbowl? 1 turnover in 3 games and we have forced 9. we have the best +/- turnover margin in the league with +8. our defense is plaing like a mean machine right now. As for the offense it cant be stopped. they play the pass we pound it with williams they put 8 men in the box we hit mcmicheal deep down field just like we did against the jets. WE WILL NOT LOSE THIS WHOLE SEASON

I don't know about all that, but we have as much a right to talk about the Super Bowl as any team in the NFL...and more than most.

New England? Well, with a running game that can be whipped out at any time given the opportunity, personally I think that game will be pretty tough but we're perfectly capable of beating them. Last year we couldn't in the end because our lack of being a COMPLETE team allows the mad defensive genius to cover his own faults and exploit ours. Kansas City exposed this. Mad genius dared them to run, and boy did they. Ran so much they nearly won the game.

And last time I checked, our D was a little better than the Chiefs...

we're fans...it's not our jobs to keep a level head. we get fired up over every win, the team is supposed to keep everything in perspective... what fun is it to be a fan if you cant talk super bowl smack? or listen to jet fans talk SB smack for you(do pigs fly, has hell frozen over)?

Back
Top Bottom