Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holmes to miss multiple games. Foot x-rays being passed arond.

Must be a lot of swelling for the MRI's to still be so inconclusive. If he had a Lisfranc that would have shown up on an X-ray. He tore something in there, seems like.

I would guess, I will be surprised if he is not done for the year.

thanks vaarky!

you're delusional as usual... but maybe you should consider a mult on TGG for all the disrespect you're even getting over there for being such a bullheaded blind homer. (they really don't like you much over there do they?)

Junc is correct that a player can be down without being touched if he gives himself up, such as a QB taking a knee. However, Holmes wasnt giving himself up. He went to the ground because he was injured. Big difference.

Pitching the ball away like that was odd as hell. I can understand being in tremendous pain how he could lose sight of what is going on, however at the same time, he couldve easily just chucked the ball out of bounds there. If he had just dropped the thing it wouldnt have looked as odd as tossing it softly right at the defensive player. Unreal.

I remember when I broke my ankle one time, I was carrying a couple of things. All 3 objects went flying in the air and landed in 3 random spots quite a distance from where my body crashed to the ground. However, the difference was the things went flying as I was falling due to all of my weight being on the one leg that I had just broken. Obviously I crashed straight to the ground. I suppose the stuff I was carrying just involuntarially went flying as my arms flew up. If I had landed with the things in my hands like Holmes did, I probably just set them down or clutch them harder from the tremendous pain. Being in the middle of a football game, I dont understand how he dosent clutch that ball or have the presence to toss it to the sideline right beside him. Im figuring he was frustrated and didnt give a ****. Who knows.

he fell b/c he got hurt and was down before throwing the ball up. The play should have been whistled dead. It wasn't as soon as he hit the ground, he was down already making no attempt to get up when he flipped it up.

They blew that replay review as well as the Epps fumble on the Tebow pass. That's not why we lost but they were horrific calls.

Players that get injured and fall to the ground are not immediately declared down. Holmes never declared himself down. He went down because of an injury not because he was giving himself up. He gave the ball up in less than 1 second after he hit the ground. You are being so biased. You say the Holmes play should have been whistled dead, but you argue that the Cruz play against the Cardinals last year should have been ruled a fumble. :lol:

Jason Cole now reporting that Holmes has a Lisfranc injury at minimum. Must really be a ****ed up picture in there for it to have been this hard to spot.

Anyway, bad news for him. It's a really tough injury to recover from. Ronnie never did. He's never had more than 85 yards in a game since and went from averaging 4.4+ yards per carry to far less than 4 afterwards.

ok not lauging at the injury, but at the possibility of holmes having rex look at his foot... lol

Jason Cole now reporting that Holmes has a Lisfranc injury at minimum. Must really be a ****ed up picture in there for it to have been this hard to spot.

Anyway, bad news for him. It's a really tough injury to recover from. Ronnie never did. He's never had more than 85 yards in a game since and went from averaging 4.4+ yards per carry to far less than 4 afterwards.
Seen that this morning, holmes will probably never be the same player. Didn't Ronnie injure his the same way , out in the open, non contact?

Holmes slipped down and immediately flipped the ball away when he hit the ground. There is no way of determining if he is going down and giving himself up a: based on the way he went down and b: how quickly the play occurred. This is much different then a guy kneeling or sliding feet first. Refs made the right call. No sympathy whistles in the NFL and its pointless to cry about it because it doesn't change the outcome of the game.

The Jets and their fans have a lot bigger things to worry about.

you're delusional as usual... but maybe you should consider a mult on TGG for all the disrespect you're even getting over there for being such a bullheaded blind homer. (they really don't like you much over there do they?)

I don't need to hide behind a fake account.

Junc is correct that a player can be down without being touched if he gives himself up, such as a QB taking a knee. However, Holmes wasnt giving himself up. He went to the ground because he was injured. Big difference.

Pitching the ball away like that was odd as hell. I can understand being in tremendous pain how he could lose sight of what is going on, however at the same time, he couldve easily just chucked the ball out of bounds there. If he had just dropped the thing it wouldnt have looked as odd as tossing it softly right at the defensive player. Unreal.

I remember when I broke my ankle one time, I was carrying a couple of things. All 3 objects went flying in the air and landed in 3 random spots quite a distance from where my body crashed to the ground. However, the difference was the things went flying as I was falling due to all of my weight being on the one leg that I had just broken. Obviously I crashed straight to the ground. I suppose the stuff I was carrying just involuntarially went flying as my arms flew up. If I had landed with the things in my hands like Holmes did, I probably just set them down or clutch them harder from the tremendous pain. Being in the middle of a football game, I dont understand how he dosent clutch that ball or have the presence to toss it to the sideline right beside him. Im figuring he was frustrated and didnt give a ****. Who knows.

he did give himself up, he went down injured and made no attempt to advance the ball then flung it in the air. I'm glad the call was blown in a blowout and not a close game but it was the incorrect call.

Idk that I can say that Holmes gave himself up. Eli dove face first a few years back...hit the ground and fumbled the ball..So IMO the right call was made...

Jets are done tho...losing holmes hurts them in a huge way..Their D is playing awful, their offense is awful (As all Dolphins fans predicted)...

Rex Ryan will be fired after this year...and I hope to god Tony is made head coach!!! That would be awesome!!

Idk that I can say that Holmes gave himself up. Eli dove face first a few years back...hit the ground and fumbled the ball..So IMO the right call was made...

Jets are done tho...losing holmes hurts them in a huge way..Their D is playing awful, their offense is awful (As all Dolphins fans predicted)...

Rex Ryan will be fired after this year...and I hope to god Tony is made head coach!!! That would be awesome!!

the awful O has been the main reason we won 2 games and we do get Keller back this week. chance are we are done but you never know.

rex will not be fired, there is a MUCH better chance Philbin is gone after your GM is fired than Rex being fired.

If Tannenbaum goes, which is the active widespread speculation on all the jest boards, Rex will be gone too. Already Woody is intimating that if things don't turn around, they need to substitute in Tebow. And you know he'll listen to fan consensus cause for him it's all about the buck$. That house is swaying on its shaky foundation.

he did give himself up, he went down injured and made no attempt to advance the ball then flung it in the air. I'm glad the call was blown in a blowout and not a close game but it was the incorrect call.

Going down injured and throwing the ball up in under a second after you hit the ground is not declaring yourself down. Please explain to me how you can think that the Cruz play should have been ruled a fumble last year, but the Holmes play this year should have been blown dead?

Back
Top Bottom