Holy Crap!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holy Crap!!!

Dolfan984

Active Roster
Reaction score
Clayton: Budget puts the heat on
If new Raiders coach Bill Callahan doesn't feel the pressure to win this year, he will next year. The NFL has told teams that the salary cap only will increase $2 million next year. The Raiders are on course to be an NFL record $52 million over the projected $73.7 million cap in 2003.

This SUCKS!! Just another move by the NFL to water down the league.

Yeah, but also dolfan, we may be getting screwed as well in the near future.

Pretty soon, some of our big names contracts' end soon. And then we will have to try to re-sign them under the tight salary cap. Here's hoping Wann and Spiel have this all figured out, and maybe the NFL will raise it even more in 2004, maybe by 10 million or so.

i agree xmdc, there have been grumblings about having to cut zack for a couple of years now...i'd to see that happen, he's all heart...olindo would probably follow, that's one high priced kicker(well worth the money, though)

I'm all for screwing the Fay-duhs. :evil: I just hope the whole salary cap thing doesn't come back to bite the 'Fins in the butts in a couple of years. That would suck. :(

unless the cap ceiling is raised about

Originally posted by Expo88
I'm all for screwing the Fay-duhs. :evil: I just hope the whole salary cap thing doesn't come back to bite the 'Fins in the butts in a couple of years. That would suck. :(
10 mil, it's gonna be tough!:goof:

I think if there is one thing that Wann/Spiell have proven, is that they know what they are doing when it comes to the cap.
I have confidence that they will do the right thing .
They seem to have a plan.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
i agree xmdc, there have been grumblings about having to cut zack for a couple of years now...i'd to see that happen, he's all heart...olindo would probably follow, that's one high priced kicker(well worth the money, though)

We better not cut Zach. If we get in really bad cap problems and we have to start cutting players, Zach should be the last player we consider cutting.

Gruden must have known what he was doing

Raiders | Cap Worries - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
14:16 PT: ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports even if the NFL's salary cap rises to $73 million in 2003 as expected, the Oakland Raiders would be $50 million-plus beyond the projected limit at $124.71 million

Back
Top Bottom