Holy Dreadlocks!! Williams And Dyer! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holy Dreadlocks!! Williams And Dyer!

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
You talk about an "ELEPHANT BACKFIELD"... If RICKY is going to be running a la EARL CAMPBELL through the eye formation....then the guy I want blocking in front of him...is DEON DYER.
I now look at ROB KONRAD...who is in a very precarious situation with regard to NORV's offense. I am not sure what Norv has in store for KONRAD...now that he has RICKY on board. RICKY caught 60 balls out of the backfield last season...and he is sure to get many screens and cirlce patterens from NORV as well. I just don't see RICKY coming out of the game that much...only for a breather here or there.
If NORV is going to feature the power running game...and now..we have it..by golly. Then...I would immediately go ahead and start DEON DYER as the bull-dozing, lead blocker---for RICKY WILLIAMS. Dyer is far more effective than KONRAD in this type of game. You are looking at about almost 700 pounds of running backs back there with WILLIAMS AND DYER.
I don't know if the DOLPHINS may want to hire a personal team hair stylist....or get a poster ready to go....but I personally would like to see this backfield at the start of 2002. Besides all the marketing advantages....this backfield could bring back some nice memories of the first great elephant backfied....that of CSONKA AND KIICK. If we are going to play smash-mouth football....then...this is the way to do it.
DCH

700lbs? 235+255= 490.

But I agree with you on everything else

It's gonna be cool to watch. I just hope RW stays healthy.

Or, how about the Madden Special Heavy Jumbo Backfield - Williams, Dyer, and Konrad in a Full House. If we could do that and still consistently make 3rd and three like we used to do with Zonk when everyone in the Western Hemisphere knew who was going to get the ball - then I'd think the Phins would be a championship calibre team at the very least.

DCH - there are plenty of short passes to go around and I expect Konrad to be the starter. As much as I love the all-dreads, roots rockin' backfield of RW and DD, Norv probably would rather have a well-rounded fullback in there like Moose. But I have been wrong before - I thought noone would give up a pick for JJJ :confused:

RevRick..................

Originally posted by RevRick
Or, how about the Madden Special Heavy Jumbo Backfield - Williams, Dyer, and Konrad in a Full House. If we could do that and still consistently make 3rd and three like we used to do with Zonk when everyone in the Western Hemisphere knew who was going to get the ball - then I'd think the Phins would be a championship calibre team at the very least.

It's nice to see a fellow seminole fan:) Most everyone here, unfortuanately, are Canes fans.:cry:

ain't that the truth aqua&orange54.......seminole fans are few and far between around here.....but at least there's three of us now! i look forward to an awesome year of football all around!!!

Go Noles and Phins!!!!!!!

Re: RevRick..................

Originally posted by aqua&orange54

It's nice to see a fellow seminole fan:) Most everyone here, unfortuanately, are Canes fans.:cry:
Hey, somebody's gotta carry the weight for this state, so it might as well be the 'Canes man!:cool: We will repeat this year!:D See ya in the Orange bowl, ha, ha, ha.

Just kidding, I mean, you're Phins fans, so ya can't be all that bad right?:cool:

Back
Top Bottom