"Home Field" Officiating? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Home Field" Officiating?

Dolfanmatty

Starter
Reaction score
Wow, I certainly didn't know whether we would win or not but I certainly didn't expect to see what I saw today in Miami. And not that the players (Offense really..) gave fans much to cheer about but our crowd was awful today after the first 5 minutes of the game. This game for me was very reminisent of the "Ray Lucas" Buffalo game where he apparently became color blind and starting throwing to the other team 2 years ago. I mean, Fielder wasn't even CLOSE on 90% his throws. Anyways...........

And I don't mean to ***** by any stretch, and I KNOW calls aren't everything in this game and we probably would have lost anyways, but my lord....those officials were simply awful today. It seems even at home, we never seem to get a fair shake from these guys. Even with REPLAY we still get screwed. And what the *%#^ was with that pass interference call?!? I sit in the 4th row of section 129 and that ball was closer to ME than it was the Tenn. player, even IF he was touched after 5 yards/or interefered with. Offsides on a kickoff? Yes, he certainly was offsides no doubt, but how often do you see that called? It's like palming in basketball, you see it every year called once or twice.

As the Mad Dog said later on "one begins to wonder if the officials got off the Titan's plane yesterday with them". It's tough enough to play another team (especially a talented one like the Titans) without battling the refs simultaneously. I mean, I usually expect a royal screw job when we play at New England (I mean Tom Brady could take out an axe and chop Taylor's head off and he still wouldn't get flagged...Madden would probably call it "gutsy").

But I do wonder at times if/how much officiating is affected by the venue (like it is in the NBA). Because if it does we are certainly missing out on it....

Thoughts?

Yeah, I would also like for someone to explain that second "offsides" call on the re-kick. The Titan player touches the ball which goes out of bounds. The official explains that the Titans decline and it is Titans ball. So, it is now first and ten where the ball went out. Now the official states that the Phins are to be penalized 5 yards for the offsides? Why? I thought that the only two choices were that the penalty is declined and the Titans accept the ball where it went out OR the penalty is accepted and we (Phins) must re-kick. Can anyone clear this up?

I also was somewhat confused by that. He did state "the new rule states that.." before calling the penalty.

Maybe he just wanted to try it out the "new rule" on us. Wouldn't freakin surprise me.... :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom