Homegrown O-Line on the Horizon? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Homegrown O-Line on the Horizon?

Concur. Its important IMO to find the starting 5 ASAP.

Then, let them work to work together as much as possible to gel/build chemistry.
Getting the starting 5 early is huge. They need to work together as much as possible with our early schedule.

Even better if he beats out the 2019 version of Skura.
of course.

not saying you, but you know many on here will be screaming "bust" if he doesn't start somewhere this year.

getting just beat out by 2019-level Matt Skura would still mean Deiter is a heck of a player.

I just hope they all stay healthy and are able to grow as a unit

I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if Deiter is the starting centre this year. The gig is Skura's to lose. Aside from his case of the yips last year, he's been a very good pro. If he can return to form, it would be nice to have a veteran presence in the middle of the o-line to anchor it.

Jackson - Kindley - Skura - Hunt - Eichenberg
That would seem like the best five....

However it gets here, I just want to have a solid OL. One of Tua's positives is that he is supposed to be mobile, which means he can thrive even with an average OL. Given our history of the last decade or so, that's about the best we've really had. Right now I'd say we have an average OL, so as long as we keep this level, we should be OK. Now it's up to Tua to prove he can do the job. Do I want a better OL--hellz yeah! But I do not expect it, especially given our failings over the last decade or so. It cannot be the coaches ... struggling for this long it must be the scouts.

Back
Top Bottom