Honest concern that demands an answer! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest concern that demands an answer!

Ck, I think what your saying is that McI could be our RT, barring the injury, if we cannot get Andrews/Carey in the draft....I thought, when we first looked at him, that he would be our RT...and we would go in other directions in the draft...Now with his injury, we have to look that way again. If he comes back ok, we could shift Andrews to RG or if we don't get Andrews, we could plug Whitley/Jerman/3rd draft choice into that spot until he recovers ?? And as you said, in the process, the Boston thing came up...kinda interesting....would really like to know the story...

bet you didn't know that andrews has a herniated disk problem in his back ... and now we dolfans are starting to hear the name of jacob rodgers... makes you wonder that maimi now sees andrews as a medical risk ... i know everyone wants andrews.. but did anyone think there is a real reason that he has fallen soooo far ... my guess is that most teams feel he is too risky with his weight issues, sinus problems, and now a disk problem .... so my question is .. do you risk the 20th pick on a guy like andrews with soooo many question marks surrounding him ... or do you take a chance on a guy with 3 strikes against him already interms of health issues .... not sure if i'd want to draft him ... i have said all along andrews could turn out to be the BIGGEST failure of all .... i know i'm in the minority on andrews.. i don't want him ...

Interesting take Fan91. This is the first I've heard of medical problems (other than weight) with Andrews. I had silently wondered why he would drop so low if he was the bag of chips.
People should know he will not be available 100% with such a problem (if true). Not even the most ****-eyed optimist can deny it. I've dealt with such a problem most of my life. And let me tell ya, you don't get any warning. The smallest thing can aggrivate it. NO MATTER how healthy or treated he is. Even pulling out of a stance can do it. Or reaching over to pick up a quarter. And, this is a lifetime problem. It NEVER heals.
I think using a 1st on a such an injury is not good business sense. I still think the Bills will pay for the Willis pick.
I have a feeling we will be involved in some trade on draft day 1. I'm slowly coming around to the thought of us trading down into the 2nd round. Because, honestly, after Gallery, there's a group of 4 - 6 guys that are nearly even on the OLine. I know certain people LOVE certain guys, but I think we will looking to draft 2 OLine guys early. To solve our depth and starting problems in one sweep.
Just MO.

bet you didn't know that andrews has a herniated disk problem in his back ...

Bet you don't know that either. That report originates from PFW and while they are better than PFT, they have still been known to be wrong. The fact that no other national of local publication has picked up on it, to me is an indication that its probably not true.

I like the scenario where Andrews plays RT, McIntosh plays swing backup, and St Clair plays RG and/or backs up at all 5 OL positions, however McIntosh past year 1 will be a very expensive swing backup.

But hey maybe thats just how the planned it. Who knows.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Bet you don't know that either. That report originates from PFW and while they are better than PFT, they have still been known to be wrong. The fact that no other national of local publication has picked up on it, to me is an indication that its probably not true.

CK, I think I read somewhere in an interview with Andrews, where he was ask about that herniated disk problem.
His reply was ''Yeah I got a epideral injection into it and it has'nt bothered me since''. Thats what I seem to remember.

The herniated disk that Andrews had was while he was in High School - not College!

Bottom Line here

Bottom Line is that regardless of who we take, it needs to be an O-Line Monster. We've seen too many times how the line falls apart and Fiedler has to roll out and avoid the sack(which is one of his best qualities). And how many times can Ricky Williams get stuffed by his own collapsing line. I know you all will agree, but people keep saying "We need a QB...we need bigtime recievers...we need more allstars", well, the real story has always been the O-line. I'm telling you that there aren't many recievers that can do what McMichael and Chambers can do. And there aren't many RB's that can do what Williams can do. And there aren't many Defensives as potent as ours. But without the Oline:
Our Qbs can't throw
Our receivers cant catch those throws
Our RBs can't run
and then our Defense has no heart to play with.

SO SPEND IT ALL SPIELMAN. SPEND IT ALL ON THE OLINE.

Laters

Re: Bottom Line here

Originally posted by FinFanUFGrad
Bottom Line is that regardless of who we take, it needs to be an O-Line Monster. We've seen too many times how the line falls apart and Fiedler has to roll out and avoid the sack(which is one of his best qualities). And how many times can Ricky Williams get stuffed by his own collapsing line. I know you all will agree, but people keep saying "We need a QB...we need bigtime recievers...we need more allstars", well, the real story has always been the O-line. I'm telling you that there aren't many recievers that can do what McMichael and Chambers can do. And there aren't many RB's that can do what Williams can do. And there aren't many Defensives as potent as ours. But without the Oline:
Our Qbs can't throw
Our receivers cant catch those throws
Our RBs can't run
and then our Defense has no heart to play with.

SO SPEND IT ALL SPIELMAN. SPEND IT ALL ON THE OLINE.

Laters

Not Really, It's not just what you want, but also what's available. There's only two OL monsters available (and some people question Andrews). All other OL guys are 2nd rounders carrying the attendant limitations or question marks. So if the monsters are gone, you don't pass up better players at other positions to take lesser players comparable to what you already have on the roster or can get in FA.

Originally posted by finsnchips
No

Andrews can play at guard.

plus... St Clair is trash, and McIntosh has massiv question.

St. Clair was a Center in college and many think he'd be better as in interior lineman than a tackle...... so it seems like he could play G or C.

You don't overlook a potential superstar because you have average talent already in the position, it's a reason to draft there.

nathan hunt .. i can certainly understand your situation.. i have shared the same fate with hernaited disks in my neck.. that just recently (age 40) required surgery ... that is why i worry bout this guy andrews.. jeff garcia, don mattingly ... to name a few suffer from the same disk problems as you and i .. and look what has happened to donny baseball and is happening to garcia ... i just hope miami doesn't make a mistake .. thats all i tried to point out in my thread above ... andrews health problems have caused him to fall.. thats a fact... so why would miami want to take a chance on a guy like this.. us fans want him cause of what he MIGHT be ... but these health issues make it unlikely he will ever be as dominate in the pro's as he was in college .. just look at aaron gibson and lincoln kennedy .. both never were the same in the pro's and both were pretty high #1 picks...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

St. Clair was a Center in college and many think he'd be better as in interior lineman than a tackle...... so it seems like he could play G or C.

You don't overlook a potential superstar because you have average talent already in the position, it's a reason to draft there.

Exactly. I honestly think he's there to compete at RG and be a backup for the RT/Center/RG positions if he doesn't start. I think Yates will back up Jeno and McIntosh is security if Smith goes down during the season. Adding Andrews would definately give more flexibility.

With all the injuries we've had the last few years with the o-line I can understand why you can never have enough depth.If we get Andrews(hope he can control his weight)he should be the RT as that's imo his best position and we should let Yates/Whitley/Jerman and St.Claire go at it at RG. When Mack gets back he can back both tackles up. Also we should keep on mind that Smith did ok but not great last year.We feel he'll be better this year but if he's not then Mack could start at LT.I'm a little worry about Andrews weight and back problem(even if it was long ago)but the fact he could play both positions is a plus. Of course he might be gone before we pick.

Ozzy rules!!

danny .. my disk problems were long ago too ... but i'm not an athlete like andrews.. it took a car accident to aggrivate my problems... while playing football all it could take is a quick move to the right or left in pass protection or in run blocking and it's all over for andrews.. and a wasted pick for the dolphins... i don't see why all other dolfans think he is the answer.. with sooo many health questions that surround him ... IMO a disk and weight problem far outway any positives he may have... and i haven't even mentioned that the added weight can cause the disk to be problematic as well ... so throw that into the equation too ... and it all adds up to a RED FLAG!!!

Back
Top Bottom