Honest question... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest question...

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
from someone who may be considered a bit naive, i.e., a female:

can or do the players add anything to their cleats to be able to get more traction in the snow? Maybe some kind of spikes?

Thanks all.

No, they change the cleats to a "taller" one and replace them all from rubber to metal.

The biggest problem I have noticed from Fins playing in the cold is they overdress. What I mean is they put on SO much protection that it slows you down. The DBs are always a step slow it seems like.
From what they are saying this morning it is a freaking blizzard up there now and supposed to get worse in the morning. I heard it could be 2-3 FEET of snow by game time.
I really think the schedule makers are screwing us BIG TIME when they don't give us all of our Sept games in the hottest part of the day. This crap where we have to go up there late in the season but they get night games here in sept SUCKS. Look at the Bills night game and we have to go there in late Dec. Pisses me off.

According to NBC news I saw last night, they're expecting the storm to leave early Sunday morning. We shall see.

Originally posted by Section126
No, they change the cleats to a "taller" one and replace them all from rubber to metal.

You cant wear mental cleats in football, you could really hurt someone, rubber cleats are allowed but not metal spikes

dont have to be metal spikes. Ive seen cleats that had metal studs (like the rubber but no spike at end) and they ARE allowed in football.

Originally posted by NCFINFAN38
The biggest problem I have noticed from Fins playing in the cold is they overdress. What I mean is they put on SO much protection that it slows you down. The DBs are always a step slow it seems like.
From what they are saying this morning it is a freaking blizzard up there now and supposed to get worse in the morning. I heard it could be 2-3 FEET of snow by game time.
I really think the schedule makers are screwing us BIG TIME when they don't give us all of our Sept games in the hottest part of the day. This crap where we have to go up there late in the season but they get night games here in sept SUCKS. Look at the Bills night game and we have to go there in late Dec. Pisses me off.

Last year Ricky wore a lot during the cold weather games and in those 2 games he had 2 of the best games of his career. I don't think that is it.

I don't want to whine or anything, but it is complete bull**** that every year, Miami plays two cold weather games. I could understand having to go to either New England or Buffalo in December, but having to go to both is bull****. The Dolphins do get screwed by the schedule every year. I remember last year when we had 3 games in 12 days or something like that (Monday game then Sunday game then Saturday game.) This year we actually got help from the schedule makers in some ways. Having us play on Thanksgiving gave us a mini-bye week. We only have one game in December with less rest than the other team (Buffalo game) but we shouldn't have to play so many cold weather games every year.

They use metal cleats in the nfl. (I used them in JC)

The rule you are refering to is what they do in High School. (I was only allowed to wear rubber cleats)

They are metal with a rubber coating on them.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Last year Ricky wore a lot during the cold weather games and in those 2 games he had 2 of the best games of his career. I don't think that is it.

I don't want to whine or anything, but it is complete bull**** that every year, Miami plays two cold weather games. I could understand having to go to either New England or Buffalo in December, but having to go to both is bull****. The Dolphins do get screwed by the schedule every year. I remember last year when we had 3 games in 12 days or something like that (Monday game then Sunday game then Saturday game.) This year we actually got help from the schedule makers in some ways. Having us play on Thanksgiving gave us a mini-bye week. We only have one game in December with less rest than the other team (Buffalo game) but we shouldn't have to play so many cold weather games every year.

And teams have to come down here when it's hot and humid. The schedule is the schedule.

When I played in high school, whenever we had a game with a slippery field we would cover the bottom of our cleats with vasoline.

Somehow, it helps the traction. It worked too. I don't know if that would be illegal in the NFL, but it helped us.

Originally posted by Dolfan954

And teams have to come down here when it's hot and humid. The schedule is the schedule.

It has to do with the Marlins in part. If they advance to the playoffs and have a home game on a Sunday where the Fins play a home game against a divisional rival, they can move the game up there. Too bad it didn't happen this year.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever

I'm wondering what mental cleats would do, -- maybe help give your ideas traction?;)

:lol:
Yes we want them to play with their heads tomorrow!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

It's sort of inevitable when there a THREE cold weather teams in your division. The league generally likes having division showdowns in the beginning and end of the season. Which is why we will ALWAYS see some cold weaher games in November for the Phins.

The only way around would have been for us to change divisions when the league reorganized a while back.

Back
Top Bottom