Honest Reaction.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest Reaction....

Marino1983

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Putting aside all the hype whether positive or negative, how do you feel about the changes the Dolphins have done this off season ?

And PLEASE don't turn this into smack or personal attacks.. The question is general so try to curtail your indepth opinions !!
Dolphin fans ONLY please ......

Personally I like the moves WannSpeil have made mainly because the moves have improved the mental toughness of the entire team ...

Marino1983

I think the Dolphins have done an incredible job. With the amount of cap room we had in the beginning, I didn't think we could do anything this offseason, but the Dolphins have made huge improvements at OLB and S, and managed to keep Rob Konrad, one of the best FBs in football. I give this offseason an A.

"A" here as well. Excellent patience and strategy. Should be very, very entertaining and exciting.

GO PHINS!!!

I agree on the A situation. They have built the leadership on this team while adding some depth on and off the bench. I even think we are ok at the WR position!

Considering the lack of hardly any draft picks and cap space, I think we did a damn good job this offseason. Certainly better than the Jets or Patriots, and without any devastating losses like the Bills' loss of Price (or NY's loss of Morton and Coles). Plus the addition of Griese (hopefully) gives us, at the very least, an upgrade at the backup QB.

Oh, yeah. MissMeth reminded me: I think we're fine at WR. Screw Gadsden and his attitude. I couldn't stand him anyway, and that's really not sour grapes; I'll never forget him grandstanding after a touchdown when we were losing by about 30 points in Dan's last game. That kind of attitude (not to mention electing to have surgery instead of playing when we needed him most) destroys a team.

I won't say "screw Gadsden". But I agree with the sentiment behind it. He made his choice to turn down a long term deal with all the stuff that he wanted. But his and his agent's greed got the better of them and now they have to play it the other way. They gambled and lost, both on the contract and lost face as well.
He made the decision to turn his back on our offer, now we do the same by getting receivers to fill his position. Tough luck to him I say.

I think the dolphins did a good job as well. The defense is going to be the best they have been in a long time. I would have like to have seen a possible veteran offensive lineman added, but that is alright you can't have eveything you want.

They did a great job. We got younger. We got stronger. We got better. And we picked up experience and leadership along the way. Hopefully, the Phins taught fans, once and for all, that an offseason lasts longer than one month.

I liked alot of the moves they made this year, but I still wish they could have gone after a LT somewhere. I realize that there weren't alot to choose from but having Dixon back to guard would have been nice.

I give our team a B- for the offseason. Wr still has to be a concern we dont have a proven Wr on our team.(i.e.none that have ever gone over the 1k yard mark, and none of them started all 16 games last year) O-line hopefully will be fine a few question marks with Dixon and Nails, but still looks above average if it worx out. Some really great pick ups just a few question marks, but there always are a few goin into a season. GO PHINS!!!

I give us a B overall. We righted the defense while not losing any key players (that we didnt replace.) The only miss was at LT, but making that move (or drafting one of the project LT's) would have prevented the Knight deal and/or lost one or more of our draft picks.

You cant have everything, and the LT just didnt work out. Backup QB is still up in the air.

I think Miami did well, but grading them depends on how you grade. I think it's entirely possible other teams had better offseasons...the Pats are a possibility (though I've not followed them all that closely... So, if I have to compare them, it may be the Pats get an 'A' and the Phins a 'B'

The difference though is what they had to work with. I don't think the Phins had a great deal to work with, and made smart decisions at good prices.

So, if I look at other teams that I feel had a great deal of ammunition to work with, but have shown poorer results -- the Jets, in my opinion - they are the people I would give bad marks to.

Course, there may be some bias in that last paragraph...

:xii:

I will give the Dolphins a B+, they have gained alot and lost very little. I mean the best player we lost was Jermaine Haley and he was a 3rd down DT, and we have replaced him with Zgonina.

Obviously we couldn't have signed Boston and Spikes but we did a good job w/ what we had. Seau will be a very good starter and a great leader, Knight's an interception machine, Thompson will be a threat at WR, the draft is promising and we can live without Gadsen. I give Miami a B. Plus, we will get Griese but it's not official yet.

Back
Top Bottom