Hopefully Cam is like Dungy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hopefully Cam is like Dungy

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
What i have read about cam is that he is alot like dungy, i coach that teaches is honest and does not yell, has no ego, and leads by character. This is huge change from saban, i hope cam is as good as dungy and gets a QB.

Caps

At the End of the Day
Reaction score
He certainly seems personable and even-keel like Dungy.

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
we can only hope, the players are always the reflection of their leader

Phanatical

Official Daunte Hater
Reaction score
What i have read about cam is that he is alot like dungy, i coach that teaches is honest and does not yell, has no ego, and leads by character. This is huge change from saban, i hope cam is as good as dungy and gets a QB.

I hope he's more like Shula, the all time winningest coach in NFL history!

GO CAM!!!!

PublixSubsRule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I hope Cam doesn't talk in third person anymore or say that he loves other men anymore... lol

Crunkcore

The Crunk One
Reaction score
Its great that his character is like dungy
Maybe someday he can get us to win a superbowl too :D

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
God I hope he isnt like Dungy. Dungy underperforms with what he's given every year. Even this year its only that he plaqyed an even worse coach that he won. Hopefully we get a ring but I sure we get better coaching than Dungy

phinphan4life

Obscure obfuscation
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
God I hope he isnt like Dungy. Dungy underperforms with what he's given every year. Even this year its only that he plaqyed an even worse coach that he won. Hopefully we get a ring but I sure we get better coaching than Dungy

:confused: :hmmm::huh:. Have you been drinking Haterade? Or maybe a few to many beers? We haven't been to the Superbowl in 22 years and haven't won in 33 years. What the heck are you talking about?

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
:confused: :hmmm::huh:. Have you been drinking Haterade? Or maybe a few to many beers? We haven't been to the Superbowl in 22 years and haven't won in 33 years. What the heck are you talking about?

Yeah he's a great coach best I ever seen. Seriously man. Look at the talent on that team. He won his ring and I'm happy for the guy. He's genuinely a nice person but in terms of in game adjustments and gameplans he just about always gets outcoached. Thank god for him the Bears decided to make Grossman throw pass for pass against Manning instead of sticking to the run like they should have. You're right, would I rather have him than Wannstedt or Saban - yes but I sure hope Cameron is a better strategist than Dungy because unless we get the next Peyton Manning we aint winning the SuperBowl with that type of coach. Just remember it took Jon Gruden to win a ring for Tampa because Dungy wasnt up to the task

phinphan4life

Obscure obfuscation
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Yeah he's a great coach best I ever seen. Seriously man. Look at the talent on that team. He won his ring and I'm happy for the guy. He's genuinely a nice person but in terms of in game adjustments and gameplans he just about always gets outcoached. Thank god for him the Bears decided to make Grossman throw pass for pass against Manning instead of sticking to the run like they should have. You're right, would I rather have him than Wannstedt or Saban - yes but I sure hope Cameron is a better strategist than Dungy because unless we get the next Peyton Manning we aint winning the SuperBowl with that type of coach. Just remember it took Jon Gruden to win a ring for Tampa because Dungy wasnt up to the task

Valid points, except what did he (Gruden) do with the Bucs in the seasons immediately following their Superbowl win? Hell, Barry Switzer wasn't a coaching genius by any stretch and managed to win a SuperBowl with JJ's players. So that isn't exactly an indictment of Dungy's inablility to gameplan. But more of a statement that a little luck is necessary even when team is talent-laden.

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Dungy seems kind of "soft" to me....I don't think this is the type of coach we need. We need a guy like Shula who will get in people's face.

adamprez2003

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Valid points, except what did he (Gruden) do with the Bucs in the seasons immediately following their Superbowl win? Hell, Barry Switzer wasn't a coaching genius by any stretch and managed to win a SuperBowl with JJ's players. So that isn't exactly an indictment of Dungy's inablility to gameplan. But more of a statement that a little luck is necessary even when team is talent-laden.

Dungy's strength IMO is putting a team together. He's great at it. He put together two great squads in both Tampa and Indy. My gripe with him is simply gameday gameplanning. I think that's his achilles heel

phinphan4life

Obscure obfuscation
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
You're probably right. But whatever. Hopefully Cam will set the gold standard for NFL head coaches, and all the up and coming coaches will be compared to him...After we win a couple of SuperBowls of course.

GO PHINZ!!! :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

Top Bottom